Quality Manufacturing Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Rival Technologies, LLC, offers innovative products customized to meet customer specific design requirements. With 20 years of application assistance experience, we can recommend the right products to fit design and performance requirements. From components to full fabrication, Rival has the knowledge and ability to assist in finding solutions to even the most challenging applications. Plus, our expansive and flexible manufacturing vendors allow us to consistently satisfy demanding production schedules with reliable, low-cost, high-quality products.
The Quality Manufacturing/Quality Engineer is a key contributor to the organization and must act with a sense of urgency. The position is responsible for the quality of our products meeting or exceeding Rival’s and our customers’ expectations. This may be done through monitoring quality systems, implementing new quality procedures, documenting manufacturing and quality processes, participation in new product start up, giving or gaining product approvals. The position must also support the planning, designing and implementation of our global manufacturing processes as well as evaluating and improving current vendor manufacturing systems to ensure all quality and manufacturing KPIs are met. Documenting manufacturing and quality processes, participation in product design, development, new product start up, and vendor reviews/approvals. This position could require some domestic or international travel to oversee the production process and ensure quality standards are consistently met.
- Track and report on Key Performance Indicators as defined by the Quality Management System
- Create and execute plans for improving KPIs as needed
- Manage inspection reports
- Give guidance and write procedures for quality inspectors
- Establish inspection methodologies and frequency requirements
- Communicate and resolve internal and external quality issues
- Ensure standard operating procedures are sustained
- Develop assembly and manufacturing processes including setting up work cells, equipment, and material flow
- Troubleshoot equipment and implement maintenance practices
- Drive quality and manufacturing improvements regarding processes, components, and finished goods
- Support product development to ensure we have the necessary manufacturing/quality tools and systems to achieve goals
- Train associates in standard operating procedures as well as quality and manufacturing requirements
- Perform audits of products, procedures, and systems as required by the Quality Management System
- Facilitate use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Document, resolve, and reply to customer complaints
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Engineering or science degree
- 2+ years of experience in quality and/or manufacturing engineering
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving ability.
- Experience with statistical process control techniques
- Experience with or in both US and overseas manufacturing environments is desired
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational excellence system is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems is desired
- Material knowledge or experience with fabrics, plastics, and composites is a plus
- Electrical experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a small team atmosphere with little supervision and integrate into an existing team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy-to-understand business terms.
- Excellent people and leadership skills. Customer and supplier interaction experience preferred.
- Excellent planning, organization, and prioritization skills.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and flexibility.
- Strong computer skills for Microsoft Office; ability to learn other software packages.
- Must be fluent in English. Ability to read/write or speak foreign languages is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Position Type This is a full-time position
Please note this job description is not written to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Rival Technologies, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?