The primary responsibilities of a Coach Counselor are to provide safety and around-the-clock supervision of at-risk youth. Coach Counselors provide for the physical, personal and health needs of each student through individual counseling and behavioral/social/physical and educational skill development. Coach Counselor’s provide an atmosphere that is supportive of the needs of the students; monitor and document student behaviors and activities; and participate and assist with educational, social, athletic and recreational activities. Coach Counselors work in collaboration with other professional staff to establish and/or meet the goals of each student’s treatment plan. Reports to Unit Manager however operational supervision may be provided by a Senior Coach Counselor. Pay rate can increase based on experience and degree.
This position is based at Lake Granbury Youth Services in Granbury, Texas.
- Adheres to the facility and daily schedule, ensures that the facility (unit, cottage, house, room, dorm, etc.) is on time for all elements and the students participate in all of the scheduled activities.
- Completes daily assignments as specified by the Senior Coach Counselor, Group Leader or higher authority, including duties of a Night Coach Counselor.
- Ensures that program rules, norms, policies etc. are enforced and that the program is operated within all program requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Conducts physical count of students within the assigned living area and/or assignment and records the count on the student check sheet as required by site operations (every 5, 10, 15, etc. minutes).
- Follows suicide prevention monitoring as directed.
- Other duties as assigned, verbally or in written form.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must meet all state licensing requirements as required by specific site
Our employees are dedicated, passionate individuals that are committed to inspiring positive change in the lives of youth. Becoming a member of the Rite of Passage team is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to build a meaningful career with a company driven by its powerful mission to make a difference.
Rite of Passage
Why Work Here?For 35 years, Rite of Passage has been a leading national provider of programs and opportunities for troubled and at-risk youth from social services, welfare agencies and juvenile courts. We have developed and operated a continuum of programs based on the needs of youth and our placing agencies. With an emphasis on evidence-based practices and positive skill development, combined with our supportive and therapeutic approach, our organization is respected by industry experts as a highly effective solution for our youth. Since 1984, over 25,000 youths have entered and completed our programs. Rite of Passage has built its reputation on running life-changing educational treatment programs that positively contribute to the community. Our employees are dedicated, passionate individuals that are committed to inspiring positive change in the lives of youth. Becoming a member of the Rite of Passage team is more than just a job, it’s an opportunity to build a meaningful career with a company driven by its powerful mission to make a difference.
Our employees are dedicated, passionate individuals that are committed to inspiring positive change!