The Clinical Supervisor works as the primary supervisor of the Clinical Team. Primarily responsible for all clinical functions to ensure that treatment continuity is maintained for students and families. The Clinical Supervisor reports to the Clinical Director or Program Director. In some instances, may supervise designated staff.
1. Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy or Social Work with current state licensure. Licensure must be maintained with photocopies on file.
2. Maintain Clinical Member status with AAMFT.
3. Holds an AAMFT Approved Supervisor or Approved Supervisor Candidate Status.
4. Prior clinical and administrative experience in a residential setting.
5. Background in working with adolescent offenders and their families.
6. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people and projects.
7. Good interpersonal skills including the ability to interview potential employees.
8. Must meet the requirements to be an eligible ROP driver. Must possess a current State Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years.
9. Strong knowledge of overall company operations and policies and procedures.
10. Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen, physical and TB test.
11. Ability to perform work with little or no supervision.
12. Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects.
13. Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence.
14. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
15. Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing.
16. Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with the possibility of a varied schedule.
17. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
18. Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
19. Ability to build and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
20. Ability to provide exemplary customer service to all employees and outside constituents.
21. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
22. Proficient in the use of computers and associated software.
1. Monitors, evaluates and corrects the daily performance of the Clinical Team.
2. Audits clinical files for current information and accuracy.
3. Designs and reviews special management programs and presents these programs to the Clinical Team.
4. Provides weekly individual supervision to each therapist/intern.
5. Provides weekly group supervision to all therapists/interns.
6. Reviews and approves all individual treatment plans and monthly summaries.
7. Coordinates contracted services (psychological, psychiatric, supervision mentoring, specialized treatment).
8. Oversees/evaluates individual, family and group therapy provided by the therapists/interns.
9. Provides crisis intervention.
10. Develops and updates the Clinical Training Manual as the program needs dictate.
11. Provides the Director with a monthly report for billable clinical services.
12. Provides clinical coverage (staffing attendance) when the therapist is not available and clinical services (in-office sessions) when program demands exceed manageable caseloads for the therapists.
13. Reviews and analyzes current program elements, provides suggestions and direction to the Site Management Committee and/or Program Director to ensure the highest standards are maintained to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct and to ensure the program remains in compliance with agency licensing and Rite of Passage policies and procedures.
14. Adheres to the facility and daily schedules.
15. Responsible for hiring, evaluations, commendations, reprimands and dismissals regarding supervised staff, if applicable.
16. Reviews and approves time and attendance for supervised staff, if applicable.
17. Assists the Director of Student Services or Program Director (determined by site) with developing supervised staff by creating, initiating and implementing training programs and action plans.
18. Completes required reports and documentation in a timely manner, provides management with required reports and advises of any problematic situations. Includes all treatment and case management monthly Key Performance Indicator statistics.
19. Complies with and implements the Rite of Passage Policies and Procedures as detailed in the appropriate manuals/handbooks. Provides input and submits proposals for the revision of existing and/or new policies and procedures.
20. Ensures the highest standards are maintained to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct and to ensure the program remains in compliance with agency licensing and Rite of Passage policies and procedures.
21. Assists with and presents proposals to correct identified deficiencies and quality improvement efforts.
22. Attends and participates in all required meetings. Prepares the agenda for the weekly CTP Team meeting, co-leads the meeting and prepares the meeting minutes. Prepares the agenda for the weekly Clinical Team meeting, leads the meeting and prepares the meeting minutes.
23. Commits to attending and tracking all training and staff development classes in order to ensure sufficient hours of training for this position and all supervised staff are completed on an annual basis. Notifies the supervisor if annual training hours are deficient.
24. Ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff and students at all times.
25. Provides encouragement, guidance and resources to staff and students when needed.
26. Models and ensures all program norms are upheld without compromise.
27. Acts as a positive role model and mentor for both staff and students.
28. Treats others with respect, confronts negative behavior and supports confrontation.
29. Other duties as assigned, verbally or in written form.