Rite-Solutions, Inc. Newport, RI
- Posted: over a month ago
Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking a skilled and motivated Network Engineer to provide support for an existing government program. The Combat System Network Engineer will serve as an engineer and developer in support of ongoing Combat System developments. This is an ongoing long-term process that is updated every two years.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Engineer reports to the Program Manager and will work directly with Government Principal Investigator
- The Engineer must be able to interpret and plan present and future combat system build requirements approximately every 2 to 4 years
- The Engineer must evaluate existing network designs and determine appropriate security monitoring strategy
- The Engineer must work with software developers, cybersecurity engineers, cybersecurity analysts and database administrators to design and implement network security solutions (e.g., IDS/IPS)
- The Engineer must collect and evaluate appropriate metrics to design/configure/tailor network security monitoring tools (5 yrs. exp)
- The Engineer must configure Cisco and Arista networking devices, incl Cisco Security Appliance (firewall)
- The Engineer must identify solutions to potential network issues
- The Engineer must provide hands-on technical expertise to prepare network equipment
- The Engineer must communicate technical procedures and processes to non-technical users
- The Engineer shall oversee the preparation and development all related documentation
- The Engineer must collaborate on problem management and root cause analysis of any problems identified during testing or post-deployment in the Fleet.
- An understanding of the Navy's APB/TI process and SWFTS model is highly desirable
- 3-5 years of Network Security experience
- Qualified candidates should possess a minimum CCNA certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technology skills is preferred or sufficient directly related experience to perform the requirements of the job
- Strong understanding of networking and network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, SNMP, VLAN, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and other internetworking technologies)
- Strong understanding of Cisco and Arista Routing, Switching and firewall appliances
- Ability to perform NetFlow/sFlow/ packet capture (PCAP) analysis using WireShark
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems (Redhat v. 7)
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Able to take direction as well as the desire to take initiative
- Military or government experience preferred but not necessary
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US Government
- COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with Rite-Solutions' vaccination policy. All Rite-Solutions employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirements by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. If customer site vaccination requirements are more strict they will take precedence over Rite-Solutions' vaccination policy.
Position will be located on Government Site at Naval Undersea Warfare Center, in Rhode Island
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Rite-Solutions, Inc.