Performs routine (journey level) data entry work. Work involves entering data and maintaining files and documentation. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Functions: The qualified candidate should be outgoing, energetic, and motivated with a data entry background in an office or government environment.
- Performs data entry and verification of data files.
- Transcribes source documents to machine-acceptable formats
- Prepares formatting programs for most applications and corrects entry errors
- Coordinate pre-screen procedures and interviews for potential candidates
- Converting files to PDF documents
- Entering information into a portal
- May advise others on work procedures
- May verify data entered by others
- May operate control stations, tape drives, disk drives or consoles
- Ability to detect and resolve error conditions, to select and transcribe data, and to communicate effectively
- Performs other team growth duties as assigned working closely with key organization leadership
Technical Skills: Strong working knowledge of MS Suite of Products (MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point etc.). Must be able to pass typing test minimum of 40 words per minute.
Education/Experience: Experience in data entry work. Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Work Location: Dallas, TX (Oak Cliff/Grand Prairie)
Conditions of Employment: Must pass a drug test, driver’s license check, criminal history background check and social security number verification check
Travel Requirements: No Travel outside of Site Location is required. Reliable transportation is encouraged not required.
Compensation : This will be an Hourly Position, see below for wage range
- $9.50 – $10.15 per hour
Rising Star Resource Development Corporation (Rising Star) is a private non-profit incorporated 501c3, Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP). We are a supportive employer providing rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities, individuals with barriers to employment due to their life circumstances, and Our Veterans through local, state, federal government and commercial contract services. We are also a provider of temporary staffing services we have certifications from Texas Industries of the Blind and Handicap (TIBH) as well as Source America Ability One Federal Programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer