This claims professional position performs numerous clerical, secretarial and fiscal-related duties in support of Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Any single position may not be assigned all duties listed below, nor do the examples cover all duties that may be assigned.
- Keeping accurate books, performing journal entries
- Doing a weekly Payroll for 15 employees and 45 contractors
- Depositing checks
- Maintaining accurate employee data
- Responsible for coordinating and completion of administrative tasks such as Income Eligibility Statements
- Filing & organizing
- Assists with aspects of client interaction: Including answering phones, product knowledge
- Quick-books On-line experience is a MUST
- ADP Run Online Payroll experience is a MUST
- Record financial transactions on the monthly operating costs form for all programs
- Maintain financial records
- Fact check financial data
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Update financial statements
- Prepare reports and documents
- Emailing contractors weekly invoices
The qualifications / requirements, knowledge/skills/abilities and physical demands or working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience
· 1-2-years accounting experience including month-end close cycle, balance sheet reconciliation preparation, and federal budget preparation
· Ability to manage multiple tasks under aggressive deadlines
· **Previous Non Profit Accounting experience is a plus**
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong and effective clerical skills, with the ability to accurately complete basic office functions, clerical assignments and review of information for accuracy
- Ability to effectively create, update and maintain manual and computerized files, records and filing systems
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Strong and effective spoken and written (English) communication skills including the ability to clearly explain policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively organize work, determine priorities and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision and instruction
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, organizations and the general public, with the ability to maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor while dealing with the public in a wide variety of circumstances
PREFERENCE MAY BE GIVEN FOR:
- Work experience in a child care field
- Direct customer service work experience in a social services/human services environment
- Work experience in CACFP (Child/Adult Care Food Program)
- Work experience in the nutrition field
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While working in this position, the employee is required to frequently sit, lift up to 20 pounds, perform repetitive motions and drive; occasionally walk, lift between 20-50 pounds and reach; and rarely climb, stoop, crawl, lift over 50 pounds, push up to and over 40 pounds, and pull up to and over 40 pounds
- While working in this position, the employee is required to frequently work indoors; occasionally work in a noisy environment;
Rising Phoenix Enrichment Program I
Why Work Here?Rising Phoenix Enrichment Program, INC is a 501c3 non-profit organization located in Stockbridge, Georgia. To meet and growth plans a part/full-time bookkeeper & CACFP administrative assistant is necessary for the organization. We're currently seeking a candidate to fulfill the role of bookkeeper, payroll, & administrative assistant in our office to help support the growth of our non-profit business.
If you are highly organized, reliable & hardworking with a desire to work in a fast paced environment, please apply.