- Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field
- A minimum of one year of elevant experience in provision of addiction counseling and mental health services
- State license in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or registered intern license in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology
- Current CPR Certification
- Under the direction of the Clinical Director, coordinates, plans, implements, and facilitates addiction counseling programs for clients.
- Provides initial needs assessment as well as individual and group counseling sessions related to addiction treatment needs.
- Maintains database of all clients currently enrolled in addiction counseling to track current status in phases of addiction counseling program.
- Updates Clinical Director regarding the number of clients enrolled in each phase of treatment, the number of clients waiting to begin treatment, and the number of clients who have completed the addiction counseling program in the past month.
- In coordination with the Clinical Director, attends any required training related to the addiction counseling program.
- Coordinates with the client on treatment plan development related to addiction counseling goals.
- Notifies client's primary mental health professional of any mental health concerns that may be interfering with progress in addiction counseling sessions
- Coordinates with the Clinical Director on completion of relevant sections of treatment/progress summaries concerning progress in addiction counseling programming
- Assists as requested by the Clinical Director in formulation of policies for addiction counseling services to include utilization and evaluation of services
- Completes clinical documentation in a timely manner, utilizing approved documentation format and following timelines specified by The Company
- Communicates any clinical or administrative concerns to the Clinical Director in a timely manner. Participates in site meetings and/or clinical team meetings at the direction of the Clinical Director on an as needed basis
- Maintains a positive working relationship with key facility staff, in coordination with the Clinical Director
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with clients during individual and group sessions
- Assists with the analysis, collection of data for Performance Improvement as directed by the Clinical or Health Services Administrator
- Communicates information to other nursing staff, physician, health care unit supervisory personnel and other staff as necessary
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients
- Attends mandatory staff meetings by supervisor
- Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide addiction counseling services to clients housed at the facility
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work a minimum of two evenings per week.
- Full time.
- Must be proficient in EHR (KIPU), maintain a caseload of 15-20 clients, diligent with time management, and efficiency of all documentation.
Rise to Recovery