- $60,000 to $80,000 Yearly
Rise Baking Company was founded by bakery experts passionate about providing our customers with high quality products and providing a positive, collaborative place to work for our people.
We are a company built on elevating expectations. It’s what sets us apart from others in the baking industry. And our people are our finest ingredient.
We believe the quality of our people is just as important as the quality of our products. Our environment encourages creativity, and we value an entrepreneurial and industrious approach to work —a place where honesty, respect, and trust are the essential ingredients for how we do business. We take pride in working with creative individuals with a passion for what they do, and we’re always looking to expand our team.
We offer a wide variety of professional and management opportunities, including sales, product development, account management, general management, finance, engineering, administration, and information systems management. We also employ a diverse workforce of hourly food production, packaging, quality assurance, warehouse, sanitation personnel, leads, and supervisors.
Like our products, our benefits package offers quality that makes a difference.
Coverage options may include:
- Medical, dental, life, disability, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Company paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plans
- Performance bonus potential
- 401k plan with company match
Expectations Deliciously Exceeded.
Lead the Sanitation team to achieve full plant compliance with sanitation/cleaning standards, food safety, and personnel safety, maintaining all federal, state, and customer requirements. Provide sanitation support to the plant to help ensure production schedules are met and manufacturing goals are achieved.
- Manage Sanitation team across all shifts including training, development, scheduling, and performance management
- Develop, implement, and maintain master sanitation schedules, ensuring master sanitation schedules and daily housekeeping requirements are executed effectively, documented, and filed accordingly
- Ensure proper equipment sanitation and efficient startups through an understanding of the manufacturing process and equipment/parts design
- Ensure all areas of the plant are properly sanitized and in good repair
- Work with Quality Assurance and Production to validate/verify allergen cleaning effectiveness
- Work with facility leadership to ensure readiness for upcoming projects; demonstrate good time management in planning work schedules to ensure deadlines are met
- Order and maintain inventory for Sanitation department materials; manage inventory to keep within budget
- Manage chemical control within the Sanitation department, working with chemical provider
- Ensure proper training is completed and documented for the Sanitation team
- Continually train, monitor and enforce compliance to safety program including Lock Out Tag Out, chemical safety, chemical SDS, etc.; monitor department adherence to required PPEs
- Create, update, and audit sanitation program and all SSOPs to ensure compliance with FDA and GFSI requirements
- Assist with updating quality systems relating to sanitation, environmental safety, food safety, and quality controls
- Actively participate in food safety and plant audits, company audits, and 2nd and 3rd party audits
- Provide pest control support, working with pest control provider to ensure corrective actions are closed out in a timely manner
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement, foster a sense of team responsibility for achieving goals and supporting plant metrics, and lead the department by example
- Support food safety program, quality standards, and legality of products manufactured in the facility
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred and/or 2 years of experience in implementing sanitation programs
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- GFSI, FDA, and State Department of Agriculture experience preferred
- HACCP and PCQI certification preferred
- Experience developing and managing to a budget preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership, team-building, and coaching skills with an intense desire to drive positive change, develop interdepartmental relationships, and deliver results
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to think quickly and handle frequent change
- Ability to establish rapport quickly, communicating with ease, skill, and conviction
- Continuous improvement mind-set with the ability to lead and support multiple projects
Expectations (Exhibit and Promote Company's Core Values)
- People: We engage, empower, and appreciate our people- they are our finest ingredient
- Safety: We invest in systems, policies, and training that ensure safety
- Customer Partnerships: We make decisions with the customer experience in mind and ensure win/win outcomes
- Collaboration: We leverage each other's unique experiences to drive the best outcomes for our expanding company
- Communication: We inform and listen to our team members, customers, suppliers, and investors
- Results: We prioritize activities that drive profitable growth, and we celebrate our achievements
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disabilities.
Rise Baking CompanySaint Paul, MN
Energy and EnvironmentView All Rise Baking Company Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.