Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- $72,960 to $100,320 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Contribute to the success of Rio Tinto by applying your technical and professional expertise – Boron, CA
- For California based roles the expected annual salary range is $72,960 – $100,320
About the role
We are looking for a talented Mechanical Maintenance Engineer. You will work with a team of professions with the ultimate goal of adequately maintaining a fleet of large scale mining equipment to be as productive as possible in mining operations. Your contribution to the team is to provide engineering support utilizing problem solving and technical skills to drive good asset management practices and minimize downtime.
You will work in a fast paced dynamic environment with lots of opportunity to grow and develop. The work schedule is Mon-Fri, 9 hour days with every other Friday off.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Engineer and working in the mine mobile maintenance department based in Boron, CA you will:
- Lead condition based maintenance utilizing oil analysis
- Track major component hours on all mining equipment and work closely with planners to schedule major component replacements and rebuilds
- Create a 5-year budget plan for the mobile maintenance department
- Reconcile actual cost vs budget and create monthly cost forecasting
- Collect, maintain, and visualize equipment downtime data to help drive sound business decisions and identify opportunities for continuous improvement projects
- Plan large capital projects. Write cost justifications to present to upper management
- Manage compliance with CARB (California Air Resources Board)
- Identify and investigate new technologies to make mine maintenance safer and more efficient
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- A BS degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- A self-starter attitude and a desire to learn and improve the business
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills to manage technicians and prioritize work load
Beneficial to have:
- Mining equipment knowledge (CAT, Komatsu, Cummins, MTU, etc.)
- Oil Analysis experience
- Experience running budget models in Xeras
- SAP knowledge
What we offer
We are committed to providing our employees with a generous benefits package. Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking, your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress, we provide:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- Access to top-tier family-friendly health programs including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life insurance coverage, and various voluntary benefits.
- 401(k) matching program (company matched .35 per dollar up to 5% of your base pay)
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program, which allows you to purchase Rio Tinto Company shares.
- Comprehensive leave policies which cover all moments that matter in life: PTO (paid time off), paid holidays, and paid bereavement leave.
- A favorable child-caregiver leave program (Up to 100% salary top-up)
- Ongoing Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family; to help in addressing educational opportunities, addiction treatment, depression, stress, domestic issues, financial management, and legal concerns.
- Discount programs for leisure purposes and access to Virgin Pulse with incentives supporting your wellbeing.
About Rio Tinto
- Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs.
- For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
- Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Borates is a global leader in industrial mineral supply and science. We supply approximately 25% of the world’s demand for refined borates, minerals essential to life and modern living. We seek to create mutual value by working closely with our investment partners and host communities. Our 20 Mule Team Borax brand pays tribute to our first borates mining operation in Death Valley in 1872.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. And we want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success.
Our values – care, courage, and curiosity – guide how we work and how we treat each other.
At Rio Tinto, you can have a challenging, flexible, and rewarding career that takes you exactly where you want to go.
We're a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminum, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for almost 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is to find better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social, and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities. We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. And we want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. Our values – care, courage, and curiosity – guide how we work and how we treat each other.
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.