- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exposure to a wide variety of equipment
- Work in a global company with broad opportunities - Salt Lake City
About the role
We are looking for a Maintenance Electrician (Junior level) to join the electrical maintenance team at the Kennecott Concentrator.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with experience in inspecting, repairing, replacing, installing, adjusting, and maintaining electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment and systems. Reporting to the Supervisor – Electrical Maintenance, you will be:
- Recognizing malfunctioning equipment and diagnosing problems
- Dismantling, cleaning, fabricating, repairing, replacing, lay out, installing, maintaining, assembling, adjusting, and calibrating equipment’s electrical and instrumentation components.
- Working in Concentrator or field, operating mobile, stationary and other plant equipment or machines to facilitate installation or repair.
- Preform rigging; driving truck or operating various mobile equipment to transport tools, materials, parts, and machinery
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- High School diploma, electrical apprenticeship, journeyman’s card or the equivalent of 3 years electrical industrial maintenance experience.
- Pass a basic Electrical abilities practical test
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts (Days & Nights and Holidays)
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Calibrations and troubleshooting of electrical and instrumentation equipment
- Hydraulic/pneumatic experience
- Experience in troubleshooting PLC’s and VFD’s
- Welding Skills
- Knowledge of SAP is appreciated.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Kennecott is a fully integrated mining operation located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, US. Kennecott is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rio Tinto. For more than 110 years, Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich orebody of the Bingham Canyon Mine. Kennecott is a strong economic driver and strives to be a valuable community partner through strategic partnerships, charitable giving and sustainable development practices.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information.