Driver Class C
- Posted: over a month ago
- $175 Daily
- Benefits: life insurance, medical,
As a dispatch driver you must have a high level of honesty, integrity, reliability, independence and resourcefulness. Be able to work on your own and without supervision. You must comply with the land traffic laws. Park in the areas designated for loading and unloading of merchandise or deliveries. Have the physical strength necessary to load and unload the merchandise. You must have mastery of stress, be able to manage your time effectively and with skills, such as working according to pre-assigned schedules. It is the link between the company and the clients, so the ideal candidate must possess personal skills of assertive communication, excellent customer service and resolution of complaints.
· Review the state of the vehicle prior to completing the route.
· Receive and ensure the product to be transported.
· Properly drive the motor vehicle.
· Dispatch the product to customers.
· Comply with the previously established route.
· Inform your superior of any mishaps along the way.
· Ensure the care of the state of the transported products.
· Attend to the customer in the dispatch of the products.
· Complete the delivery sheet with the client's signature.
· Cleaning the vehicle.
· Refuel the transport unit.
· Review product delivered to the warehouse by invoice.
· Sign upon receipt of the product delivered by invoice.
· Bring weekly route report.
· Submit route settlement to the warehouse manager.
· Settle cash or customer checks that pay for the products delivered.
· High school level.
· Minimum of 5 years delivering and dispatching products.
· Experience in food logistics industry preferred.
· Valid C driver's license, no points.
Rio Grande FoodsWhy Work Here?
We are a family business that is working to bring food from different countries to the people of the United States.
Rio Grande Foods is a family-owned Latin American food company that has been Distributing for over 30 years. Currently with locations in Maryland, NY and TX and master distributors in the USA and Canada with a presence in 35 states in the United States and Canada. Rio Grande farms the raw material used to manufacture its leading products offering over 400 jobs in El Salvador. This horizontal integration helps ensure top quality and service to our customers who import frozen and dry items. We work with the communities through our nonprofit “Trabajemos por la paz”, in El Salvador helping rebuild communities and empower woman and children for a better future. Transitioning into the second generation of the company we strive to innovate and diversify our portfolio and expand our distribution channels both national and internationally.
8610 Cherry Lane Suite 51 LaurelLaurel, MD
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Rio Grande Foods