Human Resources Administrator
Plans, implements, and coordinates program to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses: Identifies and appraises conditions which could produce accidents and financial losses and evaluates potential extent of injuries resulting from accidents. Conducts or directs research studies to identify hazards and evaluate loss producing potential of given system, operation or process. Develops accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs for incorporation into operational policies of organization. Coordinates safety activities of General Managers to ensure implementation of safety activities throughout organization. Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to on-the-job accidents and/or injuries. Maintains liaison with outside organizations, such as fire departments, police departments, insurance companies and adjusters to assure information exchange and mutual assistance. Stores and retrieve statistical data, using computer for OSHA and DOT required filing. Follow up and investigates with all involved parties and witnesses to accidents and injuries on-the-job related to Ring's End business.
The incumbent must be flexible and adaptable to the changes that rapidly affect this position. Good Organization skills and the ability to coordinate & schedule other people's time are necessary. Must have the ability to communicate verbally, and in writing, in person, on the telephone via e-mail or written correspondence. Internet experience needed to research various safety practices and education needs.
- Assist fellow employees complete a first report of injury by communicating the necessity of complete information relating to exactly how and why an accident or injury occurred.
- Follow up with employees involved (include witnesses) in accidents to ensure accurate information is communicated to the insurance company.
- Complete the First Report of Injury Report and fax it and other supporting documentation to the insurance company.
- Complete necessary OSHA or D.O.T. log related to the accident or injury and file report (if necessary).
- Maintain file regarding the case.
- Receive confirmation and case number from insurance company and communicate relevant information to party(s) involved, medical facilities, doctor(s), adjusters, attorneys, and Management as needed.
- Investigate and research cause of accidents and injuries and keep records related to recurring problems and devise program or education to minimize related accidents and injuries.
- Visit customer homes and job sites to investigate & photograph damaged property claims.
Drivers and the D.O.T. / DMV
- Contact Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) annually to obtain Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) for all employees who drive a company vehicle.
- Separate Car Drivers from Truck Drivers.
- Review Driver Qualification Files (DQF) with ALL truck driving personnel annually including a discussion of the MVR.
- Initiate the driving background check with former employers
- Create and discuss the DQF with all new driving personnel
- Schedule random, reasonable suspicion, and post accident drug testing
- Schedule D.O.T. physicals (2 year renewal, and new drivers) throughout the year
- Hours of service, daily driver inspection reports, mechanics record keeping, maintain communication of vehicle repair and accidents with the garage.
- Work with the D.O.T. supplying all required information related to an audit
- Register vehicles with the DMV and coordinate inspections
- All vehicle record keeping including HUT, IFTA, IRP, Apportioned Registrations, etc.
- OSHA and other SAFETY requirements
All required OSHA standard policies & communication including, but not limited to:
- Forklifts, Lock out Tag out, Eye wash, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Safety Committee, Drug use, etc.
- Meet with insurance company representative 4 times per year to discuss accident avoidance and minimization.
- Safety inspection of all facilities coordinated with Facility Manager
- Identify safety hazard areas and communicate with Managers and Facility Manager to ensure safety of all customers, employees and interests of Ring's End.
- Acquire Certificates of Insurance for our customers
- Acquire Certificates of Insurance from our vendors
Ring's End, Inc.Wilton, CT
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.