Jr. Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Why Join Rincon Research Corporation (RRC)?
At Rincon Research Corporation, our primary business is innovating, developing, and fielding digital signal processing (DSP) products and services for the United States Defense and Intelligence Communities in support of national security.
Rincon Research Corporation seeks a talented, tenacious, results-driven individual with experience in developing Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms. This is an opportunity to pioneer novel AI/ML approaches to interesting challenges in a multi-disciplinary R&D environment with likeminded, motivated engineering staff who are collectively responsible for creating innovative solutions in support of national security and defense.
Come join the team that is creating cutting edge signal processing, geolocation, and communication systems for the future!
What are the primary responsibilities in the Jr. Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer position?
The selected individual will support the design, development, training, validation, and testing of AI/ML algorithms, as well as providing insight to internal research and development projects.
Under general supervision, this individual will work on small project teams to conceive, analyze, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain Radio Frequency (RF) and image processing systems. The right candidate will be expected to demonstrate creativity and disciplined work habits leading to solutions that are innovative and well-justified.
What required background will make you successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, or other equivalent fields of discipline.
- Strong scientific reasoning ability.
- Strong programming skills in Python, C/C++, or Go including an understanding of git, automated software builds, and Docker.
- 5 or more years demonstrated experience with Statistical Machine Learning methods such as Bayesian Inference, Clustering, Regression, Deep Convolutional Neural Networks, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience with Convolutional Neural Networks for object detection/classification for images.
- Proficiency with at least one high-level deep learning software library (TensorFlow/Keras, PyTorch, MXNet, etc.).
- Highly motivated to learn new ML/AI algorithms and to maintain familiarity with the latest advances in the field
- Familiar with Unix/Linux operating system
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI security clearance
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Master’s or PhD in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, or other equivalent fields of discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience with exploratory data analysis of satellite imagery, Radio Frequency (RF), or other large time-varying scientific datasets.
- Familiarity with a broad range of AI/ML topics such as Deep Reinforcement Learning, Transformer Networks, LSTM networks, Adversarial/Counter-Adversarial AI, and Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs).
- Experience in scientific programming with C, C++, or similar language on UNIX/Linux.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
Where is the position located?
This position can be filled in any of our locations in Tucson, AZ; Centennial, CO; Chantilly, VA and Palm Bay, FL.
What benefits does RRC offer?
- 100% employer-paid premiums for family medical and dental insurance, employee life insurance, short-term and long-term disability (STD & LTD)
- Flexible reimbursement spending accounts for medical expense and dependent care
- Immediate participation and vesting in the company’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401(k) Plan
- Employer contributions to RRC’s ESOP
- Employer matching contributions to the company’s 401( k) Plan
- Employer discretionary contributions to the company’s 401(k) Plan
Compensation: Starts at $116k + benefits. Total compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
- Please note this range is specific to employees working in Colorado. Salary ranges for remote candidates working outside of Colorado can be subject to regionalized compensation based on their respective work location.
Rincon Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Rincon Research Corp
EngineeringView all jobs at Rincon Research Corp
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?