- Posted: over a month ago
Why Join Rincon Research Corporation (RRC)?
At Rincon Research Corporation, our primary business is innovating, developing, and fielding digital signal processing (DSP) products and services for the United States Defense and Intelligence Communities in support of national security.
Rincon Research Corporation seeks an Assembly Technician to help us develop and produce electronic signal processing and communication systems in small to medium production quantities. The Assembly Technician will be an integral part of a team working closely with electrical, software, and mechanical engineers, and production staff.
Come join the team that is creating cutting edge signal processing, geolocation, and communication systems for the future!
What are the primary responsibilities in the Assembly Technician position?
The Assembly Technician will be responsible for the assembly of complex electronic hardware products including installation of ESD-sensitive circuit card assemblies inside various enclosure and chassis types. In addition, surface-mount soldering techniques to populate prototype circuit cards based on schematics or bills-of-materials.
What required background will make you successful?
- Ability to discern quality differences in parts and materials used in production
- Experience building cables and wiring harnesses to interconnect chassis components
- Ability to read schematics, drawings, and ability to follow assembly instructions, as well as follow technical instructions, interpret engineering blueprints and technical terms
- Experience using digital multi-meters (DMM)
- Creating and updating assembly instructions, updating Bills Of Materials as needed with Engineering support
- Pro-active approach to problems and opportunities to improve processes
- Ability to work both independently and in a cohesive team environment
- Desire to contribute to the improvement of production workflows and procedures that improve production efficiency and quality without compromising safety
- Ability to communicate regularly with Engineering and Management regarding problems or issues impacting assembly
- Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI security clearance (US citizenship required)
- Prior experience as an Electronics Technician
- Basic computer skills such as emailing, record keeping, ordering, inventory management and form filing
- Practical knowledge of electronics systems, including basic circuits, discrete digital logic, microprocessors and FPGAs
- Familiarity with PCB technology and electronics manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of RF systems and components
Where is the position located?
This position is located at our Tucson, AZ office.
What benefits does RRC offer?
- 100% employer-paid premiums for family medical and dental insurance, employee life insurance, short-term and long-term disability (STD & LTD)
- Flexible reimbursement spending accounts for medical expense and dependent care
- Immediate participation and vesting in the company’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401(k) Plan
- Employer contributions to RRC’s ESOP
- Employer matching contributions to the company’s 401( k) Plan
- Employer discretionary contributions to the company’s 401(k) Plan
Rincon Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Rincon Research Corp
ManufacturingView all jobs at Rincon Research Corp