Principal/Director - Environmental and Earth Systems
- $115,000 to $200,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking a Principal or Director to support our growing Environmental and Earth Systems team in Northern California. In this role, you will work alongside EES leadership to support existing programs, with an emphasis on developing and leading our northern California offices, which currently include locations in Monterey, Oakland, and Sacramento.
As a part of Rincon’s senior leadership team, you will be responsible for growing, mentoring, and further developing Rincon’s EES technical staff and heightening our firm’s visibility with key business sectors and client organizations in the environmental services marketplace throughout our northern California geography. This role will be overseeing a wide variety of projects involving environmental investigations, remediation, environmental construction compliance, and water resource studies across several market sectors. Through the focused and effective leadership of multi-disciplined project teams you will be responsible for ensuring consistency and quality in all phases of project work, from proposal development through reporting.
Overview of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee preparation and provide senior review of Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and other technical reports
- Design, evaluate, and implement site investigation and remediation strategies
- Oversee and manage projects with local, State, or Federal agency oversight from concept to completion
- Ensure production of high-quality technical reports and proposals with a focus on accuracy, clarity and quality
Business Development and Operations Management
- Manage clients and programs based on your technical expertise and within northern California geography
- Manage and expand the EES practice throughout our northern California geography
- Conduct business development and marketing efforts to strategically support and grow the EES practice in the northern region of California
- Build, maintain, and expand strong relationships with clients, oversight agencies, and municipalities
- Oversee technical pursuits (e.g., business and proposal development)
- Prepare and manage budgets and schedules to meet the clients’ goals and expectations
- Coordinate closely with other senior company practitioners to ensure consistency in staff management and advancement, work implementation, marketing and client development, and consistency with company business goals and needs
- Oversee staff in preparation and implementation of groundwater sustainability plans and other water resource projects
- Identify and recruit qualified staff for EES programs
- Train/mentor junior staff on technical report preparation
- Supervise and direct staff to ensure positive motivation, training, optimal productivity, and employee recognition
- Manage annual performance reviews and professional development plans
This Job Might Be For You If You Have The Following:
- Minimum B.A./B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or another related field
- At least 15 years of direct, relevant work experience in California
- Significant experience with developing new business pursuits and a solid client base in Northern California
- Demonstrated experience in management and professional development of technical staff, and successful financial management on project, program, and office-wide scales
- California P.E. or P.G. license
- An advanced technical degree
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training (current)
- Knowledge of current and emerging California policies and procedures with particular expertise in DWR, RWQCB, and DTSC directives and goals
- Excellent communications skills; interpersonal skills, technical writing and documentation skills
- Strong team building and management skills
- Client service management skills and proposal preparation experience
- Positive attitude and eager to streamline and improve process and workflows
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, strong time management skills, and innovative
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is an award-winning leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California and is recognized as a ‘Best Environmental Services Firm to Work For’ by the Zweig Group. We partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, sustainability, climate change, oil and gas, water, commercial, private development, and government. Our 400+ associates in 13 offices located in Northern, Central and Southern California are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $115,000-$200,000, plus benefits and bonus. At Rincon, our salary ranges are based on market median of similar jobs, according to third party salary benchmark surveys. The base pay that is actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
We are proud to offer a comprehensive Total Rewards Package, providing our valued employees with many benefits to enhance their well-being and financial security. Our health benefits include a range of options such as HMO, PPO, HDHP, and Health Savings Account choices, ensuring you have the flexibility to select the plan that best suits your needs.
Additionally, you can enjoy peace of mind with employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, as well as dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage. We prioritize your well-being by offering three weeks of vacation accrual in the first year, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, ensuring you have ample time off to rejuvenate. Planning for your future is made easier through our 401(k) / Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and bonus opportunities.
Beyond the essentials, Rincon recognizes the importance of personal and professional growth, that's why we provide opportunities for professional development and mentoring. Our commitment extends to the community through Volunteer Pay for a Day, reinforcing the values of social responsibility. Moreover, we go the extra mile with additional perks like Flexible Spending & Dependent Care, Supplemental life insurance, Legal Shield, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance, and much more. Check out more details on our Rincon Consultants webpage here!
Rincon Consultants, Inc does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Rincon Consultants, IncNorthern California, CA
Energy and Environment
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.