Paleontological Field Technician
Rincon Consultants, Inc Fresno, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking a Paleontological Field Technician who will be responsible for conducting paleontological monitoring on construction sites, including; preparation for sustained monitoring in a variety of climates and ecologies.
What Do You Get To Do In This Position:
- Collect fossils and salvage them for identification and preservation
- Prepare weekly monitoring summaries
- Coordinate field work and findings with a Principal Paleontologist
- May require measurement of stratigraphic sections and description of sedimentary rocks
This Job Might Be For You If You Have The Following:
- Bachelor's degree in geology, paleontology and one year experience monitoring in the state or geologic province of the specific project.
- An Associate's degree and/or demonstrated experience showing ability to recognize fossils in a biostratigraphic context and recover vertebrate fossils in the field may be substituted for a degree
- Two (2) years experience collecting and salvaging fossil materials in the state or geologic province of the specific project or;
- Enrollment in upper division classes pursuing a degree in the fields of geology or paleontology and two (2) years of monitoring experience in the state or geologic province of the specific project
- Prior paleontological field experience in California is required. Experience should entail paleontological monitoring of construction activities, fossil collection and salvage, preparation of weekly monitoring summaries, and coordination with a Principal Paleontologist
- Ability to identify fossils to “Class” or lower taxonomic level in the field
- Museum collections experience is preferred, including matrix sorting, fossil preparation and collections management
- Previous approval on BLM State Paleontological Resources Permits preferred but not required
- The ability to measure stratigraphic sections and describe sedimentary rocks is highly desirable
- The ability to travel to various project sites throughout California for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time on uneven terrain and in hot weather
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is an award-winning leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as the #1 ‘Best Environmental Services Firm to Work For’ by the Zweig Group in 2021. We partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial, private development, and government. Our 300+ associates in 13 offices located in Northern, Central and Southern California are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose. If hired, we require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Rincon Consultants, Inc does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Rincon Consultants, Inc
EngineeringView all jobs at Rincon Consultants, Inc