Junior Environmental Scientist, Engineer, Geologist, or Hydrogeologist
- $45,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking a Junior Environmental Scientist, Engineer, Geologist, or Hydrogeologist to join the Environmental and Earth Systems team! In this role, you will be working closely with Project Managers and Senior-level practitioners to scope, coordinate and conduct Phase I and II environmental site assessments, groundwater and soil vapor monitoring, soil and groundwater remediation programs, and storm water compliance projects. The ideal candidate excels working with a team, is self-directed, adaptable, entrepreneurial, and aligned with Rincon's core values and mission. This position will be a mix of office and field responsibilities, with opportunities to develop management and reporting skills as responsibilities increase.
Overview of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within a team to develop creative environmental project strategies
- Aid in the preparation and implementation of environmental site assessment work plans
- Prepare Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Initial Site Assessments, and Phase II ESAs with a focus on ASTM compliance, accuracy, clarity, succinctness, and document QA/QC
- Provide technical and general field support on various environmental site assessments including but not limited to soil vapor, soil, sediment, and groundwater
- Provide general field support/oversight on various environmental site assessments including but not limited to soil vapor, soil, sediment, and groundwater
- Perform Groundwater monitoring purging and sampling utilizing standard volume purge and low flow methodologies
- Observe drilling and monitoring well installation and classifying soil samples
- Evaluate technical analytical data relative to project-specific clean-up goals or applicable screening levels
- Conduct site inspections and reconnaissance in support of environmental site assessments
- Work with a great team in a dynamic and fun environment
This Job Might Be For You If You Have The Following:
- Minimum B.A./B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or another related field
- 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Passion for the environment and science, and enjoy working outdoors
- Interest in developing a broad range of technical skills
- Desire to pursue a professional license (e.g., Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist)
- Experience with Technical writing and documentation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Currently have or willing to obtain a OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Experience installing soil vapor and groundwater monitoring wells
- Experience performing Groundwater purging and sampling with the use of various groundwater monitoring pumps and water quality indicator meters
- Experience accurately preparing soil boring logs, hydrographs, groundwater contour maps, field notes, sketches and other documentation of actions undertaken during site investigation and remediation projects
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is an award-winning leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California and is recognized as a ‘Best Environmental Services Firm to Work For’ by the Zweig Group. We partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, sustainability, climate change, oil and gas, water, commercial, private development, and government. Our 400+ associates in 13 offices located in Northern, Central and Southern California are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $54,000-$85,000, plus benefits and bonus. At Rincon, our salary ranges are based on market median of similar jobs, according to third party salary benchmark surveys. The base pay that is actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Total Rewards Package* Includes:
- HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
- Three Weeks Vacation accrued in the first year
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- 2x/Year Bonus Opportunities
- Paid Sick Leave
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- Employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Dental, vision, prescription drug
- Supplemental life insurance
- Volunteer Pay for a Day
- Legal Shield, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance
- Professional Development
- Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
- And much more!
*All programs subject to review and change and are provided for regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30+ hours per week
Rincon Consultants, Inc does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Rincon Consultants, IncSanta Barbara, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.