Rincon Consultants is a leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally-ranked 'Best Places to Work,’ we partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial and private development and government. Our 250+ associates in 13 offices located in northern, central, and southern CA are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
We have an immediate opening and excellent professional growth opportunity for a Senior Biologist/Regulatory Specialist/Project Manager in our San Luis Obispo, Carlsbad, San Diego, Riverside, Fresno, Monterey, or Oakland office (other Rincon offices may also be considered).
The Senior Biologist/Regulatory Specialist/Project Manager that fills this position will be working within the Company’s Natural Resource Group and would be responsible for delegating and overseeing workflow and successful project execution, working directly with their peers and junior staff. Those applying for this position should enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative environment with a team of technical specialists across all our service lines. This position offers the opportunity to continue to develop your professional career and become a regional or technical lead managing high profile clients or projects within our Company.
The Senior Biologist/Regulatory Specialist/Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Project Management
- Overseeing complex biological permitting projects (e.g., Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, Coastal Act, others)
- Managing and completing moderate to large sized projects and major tasks of larger projects in a largely unsupervised manner
- Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules budgets and deliverables
- Serving as Rincon’s primary Project point of contact for the client and regulatory agencies
- Technical direction to staff and subcontractors
- QA / QC
- Business Development
- Client outreach
- Proposal writing and development of cost and schedule estimates
- Client interviews
- Technical Work
- Identify optimal permitting pathways for complex projects, and develop required technical studies and application materials
- Conduct stream/wetland delineations and other fieldwork necessary to complete biological documentation for projects
- Travel (with overnight stays) when needed
- Prepare high quality technical studies and environmental documents, including Biological Resource Assessments, biological CEQA/NEPA analyses, Jurisdictional Delineations, and permit application packages
The qualified candidate should demonstrate a minimum of 5+ years of progressive and successful experience in the above three areas (Project Management, Business Development and Technical Work).
Additionally, qualified candidates ideally will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in at least 3 of the following areas:
- Biological resource assessments (CEQA/NEPA)
- Botanical surveys
- Wildlife species surveys
- Wetland delineations & jurisdictional determinations
- CRAM assessment
- Regulatory permitting
- Regulatory compliance oversight and monitoring
- Restoration planning, habitat management, mitigation monitoring
- Utility / energy projects
Minimum Education and Work Experience Requirements
- BS in Biology or equivalent and at least 5+ years of relevant consulting experience
- MS in Biology or equivalent from an accredited university or college and 5 years of relevant consulting experience
- PhD in Biology or equivalent and 3.5 years of relevant experience
Finally, the qualified candidate should demonstrate their past / current successes of supervising employees, being solution-orientated, and fostering positive relationships with staff, clients, agencies and sub-consultants.
Total Rewards Package* Includes:
- HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
- Three Weeks’ Vacation accrued in the first year
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- 2x/Year Bonus Opportunities
- Paid Sick Leave
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- Employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Dental, vision, prescription drug
- Supplemental life insurance
- Volunteer Pay for a Day
- Legal Shield, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance
- Professional Development
- Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
- And much, much more!
*All programs subject to review and change and are provided for regular, full-time employees
Rincon Consultants does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.