Rimrock manufactures and integrates the highest quality die-casting, forging, and foundry solutions ranging from simple to complex.
With over 60 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and create a first class experience for our customers. Rimrock is a ~60-person division of Lincoln Electric®. Lincoln Electric is a publicly traded company with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries.
Rimrock’s Core Values Include Integrity, Employee Development, Commitment to Excellence, Customer Focus, Quality, and Performance.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in an Electrical Engineering related discipline or an Associate’s degree and equivalent experience.
Job Field: Electrical Engineer, Controls Engineer, Automation Engineer, Computer Engineer, R&D Engineer, Mechatronics Engineer, Electro-mechanical engineer.
Provides development, setup, and startup of hardware and software for PLC’s, HMI’s, variable frequency drives, robotics, control and communications networks, and other miscellaneous electrical hardware and software.
Provides direction, communication and support throughout design and production stages to all necessary departments and individuals. Ensures and maintains safety and quality of electrical systems in order to assist in delivering the best product to customers.
· Proficient in programming PLCs and HMIs from Allen Bradley and others.
· Knowledge of servo motion controls systems and/or robot motion control.
· Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical.
· Intermediate level ability to write software in C or similar languages and comfortable learning different programming languages.
· Aptitude for learning.
· Ability to work with non-technical customers.
· Three years of engineering experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
· Occasional travel is required. (max 20%)
• Selects, modifies, and develops PLC and HMI programs from customer requirements.
• Creates or modifies electrical drawings.
• Provides guidance to field service technicians and customers in programming, repair,
installation and maintenance of PLC systems.
• Develops structured software in various languages.
• Collaborates with subject matter experts and various components suppliers to create
scalable hardware and software systems.
• Works as part of a cross-functional team on projects.
• Provides supervision and mentoring to engineering interns.
• Maintains records of work in process.
• Takes initiative to meet challenging project timelines and budgets (hours and material).
• Provides technical assistance to Estimating, Sales, Production, and Service as required.
• Assist in compiling documentation for service manuals.
• Assist in field installation when necessary.
Preferred (non-essential) Skills and Experience
• An understanding of RIA and NEC standards is preferred.
• Network programming and troubleshooting experience is preferred.
• Experience in automation and robotics is preferred.
Regular performance appraisals will be conducted to review goals and achievements.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is a mix of sedentary, standing and walking. When testing equipment this individual may have to occasionally lift 25 pounds, and be able to reach, bend, squat and stand. Manual dexterity and visual acuity is needed to use testing equipment and measuring devices and tools.
The work statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual classified as an Engineer. They are not considered an exhaustive list of all job duties.
Immediately notify the supervisor if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly or if there are any questions regarding EH&S procedures.
Rimrock Corporation and Lincoln Electric are Equal Opportunity Employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Rimrock does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Rimrock without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Rimrock. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Rimrock will not be considered binding terms. Rimrock will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through Rimrock’s HR Manager.