Human Resources Manager
Riley Construction Kenosha, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to be part of the Riley Construction Co., Inc. team? We are one of the fastest growing commercial construction companies in the Southeastern WI/Northern IL area and great things are happening!
We currently have an opening for a qualified Human Resources Manager in our Kenosha office.
The Human Resources Manager oversees human capital policies and programs and ensures good employment practices are in place.
*The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction management industry.
- Administers health and welfare plans
- Processing employee enrollments and terminations and ensures required documents are processed through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Working with insurance administrator to solicit quotes from insurance companies and determine which quotes are the most cost effective and employee friendly. Serving as the COBRA and FMLA Administrator for the company.
- Administers 401k/Profit Sharing plan
- Processing changes to employee contribution levels.
- Setting up annual meetings with funds manager and company employees.
- Notifying 401k administrator of new hires and terminations.
- Assisting employees with loan paperwork, implements loan deductions through payroll.
- Preparing quarterly 401k breakdown and calculating year-end profit sharing.
- Orients and on-boards new employees
- Ensuring employees fill out the proper paperwork and have an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Counseling employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Manages insurance provider invoicing
- Processing monthly billings from insurance providers and reviews billings for accuracy.
- Resolving discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Coordinates performance management, employee development, compensation and payroll programs and annual review process
- Monitoring performance evaluation schedule and program and revising it, as necessary.
- Administering employee training allowance program.
- Preparing and submitting annual wage and salary reviews to managers and updating employee wage information, as necessary.
- Maintains personnel information
- Maintaining accurate records of employee data, such as hires, promotions, salary changes, transfers, terminations, performance reviews, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Maintaining employee attendance records, including personal/sick, vacation and holiday time for office and field.
- Providing public information such as verifying employment.
- Oversees employment reporting
- Developing and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Monitoring unemployment claims and assists department with appeals.
- Participates in recruiting activities
- Developing and updates job descriptions.
- Assisting managers with recruiting, interviewing and selecting individuals for open positions.
- Writing and placing advertisements, conducting screenings and reference checks.
- Representing Riley at Career Fairs
- Ensures company policies and procedures are up to date and upheld
- Assisting with writing, revising and editing company policies and procedures.
- Consulting with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the President on personnel matters, including office and union issues.
- Upholding company policies and assists in discharge of employees who do not adhere to these policies.
- Conducting exit interviews, prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Assists managers in carrying out other personnel matters.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs other HR Generalist duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Human Resources or Business
- Minimum 5-7 years of related Human Resources experience and/or training
BusinessView all jobs at Riley Construction