Senior Sales Representative (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Sales Representative
Location: Detroit, Ohio, Indiana Areas for servicing of customers
Sell and promote plastics compounds to manufacturers at customer's place of business in designated territory for Riken Americas. Provide marketing reports and information on competition to assist in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products and services. Manage sales activities. Search for new products and applications for existing products to help in development and implementation of new product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Comply with all environmental, health, safety, and quality standards.
- Initiate or suggest ideas and support continuous improvement efforts including
quality, environmental, health and safety improvements
- Compile list of prospective customers for use as sales leads
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, and/or talk with customers concerning updates on product information.
- Responsible for introducing technical innovations, ensuring continuous quality improvement to our customers.
- Quote prices and credit terms to customers, emphasizing quality control of product in orders obtained.
- Prepare requested reports for Vice President of Sales &Marketing including daily activities, business transactions, sales forecast, and expense account.
- Analyze customers potential needs and adjust strategy and tactics to meet the needs of the customer and increase effectiveness in delivering quality customer service.
- Maintain files on customers and interpret sales points or product information to customers.
- Estimate date of delivery to customers, based on knowledge of our firm's product and delivery schedule.
- Display or demonstrates product, using samples, data sheets, and emphasizes saleable features and quality control.
- Research new markets and applications for PVC compounds for new and existing products
- Forecast current future business volume for better business planning and lower manufacturing costs.
- Interact with production and scheduling to help attain better effectiveness.
- Analyze market and develop customer prospect list and distribute promotional literature and data sheets to support sales and increase marketing potential.
- Attend monthly and quarterly sales meetings on site at plant locations.
- Due to the nature of the job, regular attendance is a requirement.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university required and minimum four years related experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrated people and project management skills with the ability to meet established goals and timelines.
- Driver's License
- Ability to travel frequently
- Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions:
(a). can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
(b). perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, persuading or speaking with others.
(c). respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Reporting to this position: Regional Sales Managers
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?