Diesel Service Technician/Mechanic, 2nd shift
- Posted: 10 days ago
- $57,000 to $100,000 Yearly
Rihm Family Companies (RFC) is seeking a full-time DIESEL TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC 2nd shift to join our growing team! Our family-owned business is driven by our 4 Es of Doing Business – Effective, Efficient, Equity and Expansion. If your values align with ours, you could be the perfect fit. Do you have a strong work ethic and an appetite to apply and grow your skills in an essential industry? Are you seeking an opportunity to gain additional training and experience and grow with an established and dynamic organization? If so, you will thrive in this environment. Please apply.
Our DIESEL TRUCK TECHNICIAN/MECHANICS perform all types of repairs and diagnostics on Kenworth and a variety of other makes and models of medium and heavy-duty trucks. RFC locations have the newest state of the art shop facilities, tools, and technology. We have a strong safety culture including regular safety training and audits. Our shop managers and supervisors are highly experienced and/or master-level technicians, eager to help all team members learn and develop their skill sets. On-the-spot training is paired with personalized, self-driven, in-house and OEM certified training plans for all qualified RFC technicians. This training program allows you to take control of your own career growth and "fuel" your future and give yourself a pay increase by advancing in the program at your own speed.
This is an hourly base wage rate position. Your annual earnings will range between $57,000 and $100,000 annually, depending on knowledge, skills, abilities, professional certifications, and years of experience. Your hours will follow a set schedule of days and hours with opportunities for overtime
We welcome current heavy duty diesel technicians/mechanics, and/or students, with virtually any level of experience. Whether you have been “turning a wrench” for 10+ years or just finished trade school YOU just might be the team member we are looking for and you should apply today.
Read this checklist to see if you are a fit for the job:
- Open work orders in an efficient manner
- Follow designated processes and procedures
- Write good, complete stories
- Thoroughly examine all critical parts on every truck
- Use various diagnostic tools to evaluate, identify and resolve a vehicle's operational malfunctions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Perform research when needed to obtain more information to continue repairs.
- Apply my technical skills to repairing medium/heavy duty trucks
- Regularly perform both technical/electrical repairs and more hands-on repairs as well
- Use my skills and knowledge to problem solve and diagnose root causes on customer equipment
- Follow work orders/repair plans and deliver consistent and efficient work on every job
- Use instant messaging, email and occasionally video to courteously communicate needed fixes to customers
- Work 40-45 hours a week or more if desired or necessary
- Hands-on tasks and jobs
- Using computers (we operate paperless shops, so all research, repair orders & customer communications are digital)
- Working in both a team environment and on my own
- Continuously learning and challenging myself
- Opportunities to control my own career growth
- Working on all truck makes and models, but think that Kenworth is the best
- A pay scale based on personal certifications and skills
- Receiving tools as gifts
It’s important to me…
- To ensure a safe workspace by cleaning up spills and messes and following safety procedures
- To work in a modern facility with great lighting and comfortable employee amenities
- To have a robust selection of benefits and programs such as generous earned time off (PTO) and paid holidays, health insurance plans, a tool allowance, and more options
- To take certified training courses directly from Kenworth and learning new skills at your own speed
- Having control over my own career growth
Work would get great if…
- I worked for a woman-owned and/or family-owned and operated company
- I could work collaboratively with other technicians to diagnose and solve difficult problems together
- We used the latest technology to directly communicate with service writers and the parts department
- Working with other departments such as warranty and parts was congenial and respectful
- My manager/supervisor...
- Makes sure I have all the tools needed to effectively complete tasks
- makes decisions with the greater good of my team members and the company in mind
- delegates tasks appropriately based on me and my team members’ workloads and abilities
- Takes time to truly understand me, my role, and how I can help the department and company, achieve established goals
- makes their expectations clear and achievable
- communicates effectively with all team members
- Meets one-on-one with me quarterly to check in and discuss ways they can assist me with development and challenges
- Rewards and recognizes my performance and achievements
- I had my choice of work schedule – 1st, 2nd, and potentially 3rd shift, 5-8s or 4-10s, M-TH or T-Sat
- My co-workers are fun to work with during the day and become friends outside of the shop
If you checked off most of the items that describe you, meet your needs, and fill ours, you should apply today. We have openings at every level on all shifts. Interested in joining our team? Fill out the application and send us your resume and we will reach out soon.
Rihm Kenworth- Coon Rapids
AddressCoon Rapids, MN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?