Rigil Corporation Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
Role: Technical Writer
Rigil is an award-winning, woman-owned, small business that specializes in technology consulting, strategy consulting and product development. We value teamwork and strive to build strong leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline plus 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the VERIS framework.
- Knowledge of procedures for developing technical and operational support documentation.
- Knowledge of performing scientific and/or technical research.
- Knowledge of commercially available computer software packages in such areas as word processing, graphics and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of current publication, graphics, automated help tools and word processing software, hardware and techniques.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and tools for analyzing and developing test and evaluation procedures.
- Knowledge of techniques utilized informal presentations.
- Skill in finding, gathering and collecting information or data.
- Skill in writing documents intended for a variety of audiences.
- Skill in the use of computers to generate graphics or familiarity with the processes used to create computer graphics for training or explanatory materials.
- Ability to use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions.
- Ability to review and/or edit documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Preferable knowledge of cybersecurity environments, security reporting requirements, and operations center activities.
- Composes information technology informational documents and computer user guides, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Prepares flow charts, graphs and related explanatory materials that may be included in documents or online help systems.
- Translates technical terminology into a narrative more easily understood by an audience that may lack a technical background.
- Writes or drafts special reports, articles or related material on products of a technical or administratively complex nature based on consulting with developers and trainers, research, investigation, analysis and knowledge of complex or technical products.
- Reads complex materials that convey scientific, technical, or legal information. Reads highly complicated charts, tables, graphs, or diagrams. Applies information to complete complex tasks.
- Observes production, developmental or experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Coordinates with others to establish priorities, develop work plans, activities and timelines to ensure project goals and deadlines are met.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing working relationships with management, other employees, internal or external stakeholders, and customers.
- Contributes to group discussions and information sharing.
- Performs other writing tasks such as writing a text about the organization to support the organization’s strategies and goals relative to communications.
- Reviews proofreads or edits complex or technical writing of others.
- Uses a variety of graphics software applications, tools and techniques to support the organization’s strategies and goals by designing graphic elements for web pages.
- Tests newly developed or modified computer applications.
- Communicates, explains or defends complex ideas or information clearly to an audience to further their understanding of technical products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
EducationView all jobs at Rigil Corporation