Accountant - 1139352 (Copy)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company (PacSci EMC), a Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV) operating company, makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, we provide leading-edge energetic materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, our associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every TimeTM. We enable success for innumerable missions on a daily basis, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators. For nearly a century, PacSci EMCs experience and expertise has been relied upon in the times When Milliseconds MatterTM. For more information, go to www.psemc.com.
PacSci EMC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. Nonetheless, pursuant to our subcontractor status on highly sensitive national security matters, Mechanical Assemblers and all other floor personnel who frequently shift cell assignments, as well as any personnel directly working with the following contract are subject to the following contractual provision: THAAD PRIME Flowdowns (H-Clauses) H-42 FOREIGN PERSONS, paragraph D., All employees of all entities that make up the Contractors team, whether subcontractors, consultants, or anyone who works with or on behalf of the Contractor will be citizens of the U.S. Accordingly, only U.S. citizens will be qualified to fill these roles. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
We all have a role in building a community where everyone belongs. Where you can speak your mind, be yourself, and feel supported. Its how we achieve more together for each other, for our customers, and for the world. https://www.fortive.com/inclusion-diversity
This position is responsible to support all areas within the accounting group, including reconciliations, customer invoicing, preparing journal entries, and cash management. The accountant will also be required to participate in monthly financial closing activities, including processing journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process ownership of AR accounting operations, including monitoring of all invoicing activities and compliance with Revenue Recognition standards and internal policy, as well as the cash collection processes.
- Maintain and reconcile General Ledger accounts on a recurring basis: including reviewing monthly journal entries, providing account analysis and reconciliation.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit by preparing required schedules and reconciliation reports.
- Perform sophisticated financial analysis as needed.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Initiating and implementing Accounting department process improvement initiatives.
- Perform SOX section 404 internal control testing and review
- Support internal, external and governmental audit requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Minimum of two years progressive accounting experience, preferably as an auditor or in a corporate manufacturing environment
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Familiarity and experience with ASC 606
- CPA strongly preferred but not required
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortives essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. Were a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potentialyour ability to learn, grow, and make a difference.
At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone.
At Fortive, we believe in growth. Were honest about whats working and what isnt, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Ready to move your career forward? Find out more at careers.fortive.com.
Organization:Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company
Primary Location:North America-United States-AZ-Chandler
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Accounting Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.