RightStone is seeking a .Net Developer ( VB.NET and ASP.NET ) in Cranston, Rhode Island for a one year contract opportunity. If you have extensive knowledge in developing applications in VB.NET and ASP.NET – APPLY TODAY!
Required skills and experience:
· 5-7 years of development experience.
· Degree or equivalent training in computer science.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in developing applications in VB.NET and ASP.NET.
· Extensive experience in developing webservices Must have extensive knowledge and experience in MVC design patterns and entity framework.
· Must be proficient in SQL, TSQL, PLSQL.
Skills that are a ‘plus’:
- Experience using DevEx Controls is a plus.
- Experience in developing Web UI is plus.
- Experience in DMV industry domain is a plus.
Job functions and responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May supervise computer programmers.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Determine system performance standards.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
Other applicable job titles:
.NET Developer, Android Developer, Application Architect, Application Developer, Application Integration Engineer, Application Integrator, Applications Analyst, Applications Developer, Applications Engineer, Applications Programmer, Applications Quality Assurance Specialist, Applications Software Engineering Information Technology Specialist (Applications Software Engineering IT Specialist), Applications System Analyst, Artificial Intelligence Specialist, Automation Engineer, Beta Tester, Bioinformatics Specialist, Business Intelligence Developer, Computer Applications Developer, Computer Applications Engineer, Computer Architect, Computer Consultant, Computer Engineer, Computer Programmer Analyst, Computer Software Engineer, Configuration Manager, Data Modeler, Database Developer, DevOps Engineer, Drone Software Development Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Game Developer, Game Engineer, Implementation Specialist, Information Technology Analyst (IT Analyst), Information Technology Consultant (IT Consultant), Interface Designer, Internet Application Developer, Internet Consultant, Internet Site Designer, iOS Developer, Java Programmer, Java Software Developer, Java Software Engineer, Knowledge Management Application Developer, Lotus Notes Developer, Sharepoint Developer, Simulation Developer, Software Applications Architect, Software Applications Designer, Software Applications Developer, Software Applications Engineer, Software Applications Specialist, Software Architect, Software Computer Specialist, Software Designer, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Engineering Supervisor, Software Installer, Software Quality Assurance Specialist, Software Quality Engineer, Software Requirements Engineer, Software Tester, Software Writer, Solutions Architect, Supplier Quality Engineer, Technical Consultant, Technical Support Engineer, Test Engineer, Usability Engineer, User Interface Designer, Video Game Engineer, Windows Software Engineer
RightStone is a strategic partner that works with our clients to place the highest caliber of talent for a wide range of industries and skill sets. For over 23 years RightStone has assisted organizations in attracting, recruiting, and placing qualified candidates quickly for contract, contract to hire, and direct hire opportunities. The right candidates are the most critical aspect of who RightStone is. If you are that candidate, we are interested in speaking with you!
RightStone is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. RightStone is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors, coworkers, independent contractors and other third parties.
RightStone’s Excellence Centered approach to contract, contract to hire, and direct hire services across the CONUS is backed by industry leading processes. Processes that steer Candidate Engagement and Client Serving to Success.
Candidate Engagement Center of Excellence: Powered by skilled recruiters and human resources professionals, RightStone engages candidates and employees at multiple levels. Bringing the benefits of our strategic partnerships along with best in class support to our people means one thing – Our people are the critical aspect of our business!
Client Servicing and Delivery Center of Excellence: RightStone’s account professionals and operations teams bring measurable value to our client’s hiring needs. Through controllable workflows, focused and scalable delivery models, and adaptable labor desk coordination we bring a transactional dialog that truly speaks to our clients. Our dedicated focus to our clients brings our most valuable asset to them – Our people!