Deployment Specialist/QA Analyst for Operating Systems & Applications Deployment in Virtual Environments and Azure
• Three to five years experience testing in Microsoft OS and or Mac OS environments.
• Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools, and techniques used to create and support defect-free changes to the endpoint including: application and software upgrades, operating system configuration changes, and security changes.
Responsible for developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Involved in test planning, writing test cases and scripts, test case automation and test execution. Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the needs of the business. Documents all problems and assists in their resolution. Delivers quality process training to technical
• Perform Quality Assurance Testing:
o Develops and executes test scripts for testing on endpoint devices (physical; virtual; mobile) o Applies testing scripts in order to isolate, reproduce, and report defects
o Tests operating system/application features and functionality
o Understands options and applies optimal techniques for stress-load testing, data integrity checking, security validation, and performance testing
o Plans, schedules, and monitors assigned work in order to meet priorities
o Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving
o Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools, and applications on diverse platforms and with a wide range of delivery tools
• Follows current processes and assists with creation of future process development):
o Complies with standards for conducting quality and performance tests
o Organizes and archives test cases and procedures for future reuse.
o Analyzes and quantifies quality and performance risks
o Absorbs and applies new technical information quickly
o Assists with developing standards for test cases and scripts for current and future
• Participates in project teams:
o Participates in functional and technical specification reviews
o Works closely with design engineers and project teams to ensure project outcomes meet quality and performance requirements.
• Tailors communication for the appropriate level:
o Effectively and accurately boils technical information to the appropriate level
o Communicates quality and performance issues to management
o Works with customers and application development and scripting teams to discuss requirements and develop test plans Critical Skills
• Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
• Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information and apply it effectively.
• Ability to define quality concepts and processes, and the ability to interpret information and data.
• Ability to determine what data to collect for a specific quality assurance or testing technique, and how to analyze the results.
• Understanding of, and ability to apply, basic inspection and testing techniques, and corrective and preventive actions, including root cause analysis.