This is with an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies successfully modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. Being in the federal healthcare space for over a decade now, they continue to actively modernize various systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, their work has expanded across various sectors and industries.
Company is looking for a proposal writer to join their business development and communications team. The proposal writer creatively presents complex technical solutions in written proposals for Federal and State Government agencies and commercial entities. The successful candidate plays a vital role in presenting technical, management, past performance, and solutions for proposals. As available, also works with the communications department on Newsletters, Press Releases, Journal Articles and content for Marketing/Social
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrites and reviews proposal sections and related proposal documents.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Writes sections within the technical approach on topics such as software development, system engineering, end user support, help desk operations, application development, etc.
- Writes sections within management volumes on topics such including staffing, recruiting, transition, reporting, quality management, risk, and key personnel.
- Writes corporate experience and past performance sections, interfacing with program managers on contract specifics.
- Supports the capture and proposal process by researching and gathering technical information for use in proposal development activities.
- Has the ability to customize data calls and external communications based on the requirements of a RFP or RFI.
- Applies interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal professionals and teammates/partners to support writing activities.
- Researches and collaborates with internal technical and business professionals on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions and substantiate any claims.
- Interviews program managers and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information and subsequently incorporate that information into writing winning technical approach sections of proposals.
- Supports development of technical and management white papers and responses to requests for information (RFI) and sources sought notices (SSNs).
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other personnel.
- Establish the electronic file structure, archive, and back-up capability and procedures for all proposal materials on the team’s SharePoint repository
- Creating and identifying regular exchange of information to support consistent messaging, share communications practices and support enterprise events
- Working in partnership with project managers and corporate communications to integrate and align practices and messaging to support strategic company endeavors
- Supporting the strategy and alignment of communications planning and execution of corporate initiatives and objectives
- Ability to effectively interface with other companies and vendors
- Minimum 3-years work experience as a writer/editor in the federal proposal environment.
- 4-year degree in a related field (e.g. English, Journalism, Business Writing, etc) or equivalent work experience in a Federal Government proposal environment.
- Excellent English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing, and proofreading
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on various tasks.
- Skilled at organizing and translating information into clear written documentation; articulating complex concepts and processes in writing
- Proven ability to effectively research subject matter
- Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written language communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft product suite, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of other Microsoft tools including Sharepoint, TEAMS, Planner and Dynamics CRM
- Ability to work flexible working hours needed for proposal preparation, including extended hours, evening/night hours, weekends, and holidays
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, Agile, mobile, and web development
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
- US citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Right Resources, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Right Resources, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. #ZR
Right Resources partners with a selective group of corporations to help them build a better team through better people. Whether they need someone for an important project, or someone to join the team full-time, the companies who hire us make the people they work with a top priority and understand that starting with the right people makes every project easier. Our partners are aware that the best available talent isn't always looking for them, but is often open to an invitation to learn more.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for updates on new positions.