Project Manager - Transmission Utility
Riggs Distler Lockport, IL
- Expired: 19 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role is located in Lockport, Illinois
WHO WE ARE:
Riggs Distler headquartered in Cherry Hill, NJ is the only provider in the region with a full suite of civil, mechanical, electrical and fabrication capabilities in addition to its turnkey solutions for utility providers. We are a Certified Great Place to Work. We promote a culture of empowerment and learning so our team can develop and grow. Riggs Distler is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. We work together with respect, cooperation, and clear communication to achieve a common goal. You will enjoy being part of Riggs Distler family supporting one another through mentoring, development, fundraising, volunteering, and various charity work as we continuously deliver greater value to Riggs Distler’s customers.
WHAT WE OFFER:
You’ll be able to grow your career while enjoying all the best benefits and rewards that Riggs Distler offers. Riggs Distler is committed to providing excellent benefits to promote wellness, protect its employees and their families and takes pride in providing opportunities to grow and advance.
Top Benefits for Our Employees:
- Collaborative, team-focused work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries for all positions
- Paid Time Off, Holidays and Volunteer Service Leave
- Healthcare Programs (Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision)
- Wellness Program
- Life and AD&D Insurance - 1 times your annual salary with a minimum of $50,000
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program including training and personal development benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous matching
- And much more to motivated, hard-working individuals who want to make a real difference in their team, community and role!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You’ll play a vital role in Riggs Distler’s success through your service mindset and entrepreneurial spirit helping our clients build for the future. As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the management of multiple electrical utility transmission and distribution construction projects. You’ll work closely with the Customer to complete ground up projects of varying size and scope. You’ll direct Assistant Project Managers, Superintendents and craft personnel to promote and ensure safe work practice and conditions. Projects will vary from less than $1M to $25M.
YOUR ACCOUNTABILITIES IN THE ROLE:
- Reviews Project Scope and quote with the Project Manager for full understanding of outcome goals.
- Sources materials through key suppliers to ensure the highest quality product that aligns to the budget.
- Handles day to day project tasks, ensuring customer specifications, objectives, timelines and budgets are met.
- Assists with Customer progress updates, answer questions, and following up on requests to ensure the Customer’s expectations are met in a very high quality and timely way.
- Assists with site visits to monitor project development, safety, and inspect for code compliance and adherence to contract requirements to ensure all periodic milestones are met.
- Administers and maintains project documentation including samples, plans and specifications, contracts, change orders and pricing changes, etc. to ensure project remains on course with most up-to-date specifications. Gets manager involved quickly where obstacles present themselves.
- Provides progress reports, cost to complete, and other weekly and/or month-end supporting documentation to the manager to ensure specifications and expenses fall within the prescribed guidelines.
- Handles project invoicing, including timesheets, resources and material allocations, expenses, and accounts receivable collections to verify proper billing processes are followed and budgets remain in-line.
- Administers high-quality, timely and excellent customer service to promote the organization as an industry leader.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or similar field; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience: 1+ years of construction or environmental industry experience preferred; will train the right person.
- Functional Skills: Solid ability in researching, analysis, project management, processes; first-rate organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task, with excellent attention to details and follow through to ensure successful projects every time. Basic knowledge of estimating, construction, design, finance and project management; ability to apply instruction and take initiative.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Solid MS Office, with construction management software skills; Primavera experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present well and collaborate with clients in a professional way.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong customer focus; able to handle multiple projects and work outside comfort zone to learn and grow; highly reliable; able to work through conflict. Collaborative, flexible and adaptable to change; supportive of a team. Willing to learn and grow in role.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Entrepreneurial spirit, who is collaborative, trusting of others, has strong work ethic, and can work well independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Position Status & Salary: Salaried Position. Salary is commensurate with proven expertise and behavior skills that fit the position.
Reports To: VP, Transmission
Core Hours: Monday – Friday typically; some weekend work
Typical Work Week: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. typically; with a 45-hour work week on average
Travel: 25% travel to project sites and other locations
Work Conditions: Office work primarily with some time spent in Operations
Have other questions? Contact Us;
We promote a culture of empowerment and learning so our team can develop and grow. We work together with respect, cooperation, and clear communication to achieve a common goal. You'll be able to grow your career while enjoying all the best benefits and rewards that Riggs Distler offers. You will be able to find a work/life balance here. You will enjoy being part of the Riggs Distler family, supporting one another through mentoring, development, fundraising, volunteering and various charity work.
Riggs DistlerWhy Work Here?
93% of employees at Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. say it is a great place to work compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company.
OUR PROGRESS - OUR PEOPLE We promote a culture of empowerment and learning so our team can develop and grow. We work together with respect, cooperation, and clear communication to achieve a common goal. You'll be able to grow your career while enjoying all the best benefits and rewards that Riggs Distler offers. You will be able to find a work/life balance here. You will enjoy being part of the Riggs Distler family, supporting one another through mentoring, development, fundraising, volunteering and various charity work.