A Mission to Reshape Science
Breakthrough discoveries once occurred when scientists like Alexander Fleming noticed a halo of dead bacteria surrounding a mold colony. But today's breakthroughs often go unnoticed because they are buried in uninterpretable spreadsheets, inaccessible data, or excessive experimental noise. Riffyn’s mission is to unlock the full potential of today’s science by delivering clean, connected, meaningful data the moment it is collected.
This position is open to applicants in Oakland, CA or Denver, CO (Riffyn has offices in both locations)
As a software QA engineer at Riffyn, you will design, implement, and maintain a comprehensive functional test suite for the browser-based Riffyn scientific development environment. You will be an integral member of the Riffyn team as you build tools to detect, report, and verify software defects for the on-time delivery of a high-quality SaaS solution. We take an agile, iterative approach to software development and involve QA engineers at all stages of the development lifecycle.
Riffyn is a venture-backed provider of research design and analytics software (SaaS) to biotech,
pharmaceutical, food, and chemical industries. Riffyn SaaS offers a unique “design-first” approach to scientific experimentation and product development that solves previously intractable data fragmentation and analysis issues. Riffyn provides global R&D organizations with unprecedented access to high-quality data, process design information, and integrative data analytics.
- 4+ years of professional experience in QA automation, including significant programmatic testing.
- Experience with Cypress (preferred), Selenium, or Webdriver.io.
- Experience building and maintaining an automated test suite for a browser-based SaaS application.
- Ability to implement a data seeding and management strategy/framework
- Ability to advance complex projects with minimal day-to-day supervision.
Desired additional experience:
- Experience in performance, scalability, stress testing, and test parallelization.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) tools.
Why Work Here?Founded in 2014 by veterans from life sciences and high-performing computing industries, Riffyn is building and delivering the digital backbone to help scientists get better products to market faster. Riffyn is a venture-backed company headquartered in Oakland, California with additional offices in Denver, Philadelphia, and London.
Riffyn is on a mission to reshape science, join us in pioneering the future!