Certified Caregiver / Medication Assistant (double weekends)
Ridges At Peoria, LLC Peoria, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Certified Caregiver/ Medication Assistant
Resident Care Coordinator
To enrich the quality of life of our residents by creating a sustainable, nurturing and professional environment through caring, personalized service.Purpose
The primary purpose of this position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.Essential Job Functions Duties and ResponsibilitiesResident Care Department Functions
- Prepare and administer medications according to health care provider instructions and within the scope of the license.
- Answer resident call lights and bells, determine and address their request.
- Responsible for the resident's environment so that it is comfortable and safe.
- Inform the nurse of any changes in the resident's condition (e.g. vitals, reports of pain, etc.) so that appropriate information can be acted upon.
- Complete pertinent clinical documentation according to policy.
- Attend and participate in in-service training programs to meet state, federal, and company requirements.
- Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Clean, disinfect, and return all resident care equipment to its designated storage area after each use.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties (i.e., clean bed rails, over bed table, night stand, etc., that relate to nursing care procedures).
- Before leaving work area for breaks or the end of the work day, store all tools, equipment, and supplies.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Limitations of the Position
It is of utmost importance that the Certified Caregiver/Medication Assistant be aware of the limitations of the position, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- May not administer medications by the injection
- May not administer any over the counter or other medication without a written physician's order and as indicated on the Medication Administration Record
- May not borrow a medication from one resident and administer to another resident
- May not calculate for administration any resident's medication doses unless specifically documented as such on the Medication Administration record and after verifying with the Wellness Director prior to administering the medication
- May not crush medications unless the initial prior authorization is obtained from the Wellness Director with a physician's order and indicated on the Medication Administration with the order to crush
- May not administer mediations by way of the nasogastric tube
- May not receive a telephone order from a physician
- May not apply topical medications that involve the treatment of skin that is broken except to apply triple antibiotic ointment only
- May not pre-pour meds
- May not document the administration of meds after completing the entire med pass
- May not administer a medication that the prescribed bottle or bubbles pack conflicts with directions on the Medication Administration Record. Must verify with the Wellness Director prior to giving
- May not allow anyone to add to or change the Medication Administration Record without the approval of the Wellness Director
- May not go back and initial any hole in the MAR except at the time of the change of shift MAR audit if med is verified by the date and initial on the bubble pack
At least 3 months prior home care or assisted living experience required, prefer 6 months or more in home care or assisted living. Must be able to speak, read and write in English. Experience administering medication in an assisted living environment. Knowledge of required Medication Administration Procedures.Licensing/Certifications
Completion of a caregiver training program approved by the Department or the Board of Examiners for Nursing Care Institution Administrators and Assisted Living Facility Managers; Current First Aid and Adult CPR.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro