Veterinary Technician or Assistant
- $17 to $23 Hourly
- Medical , Retirement
A veterinary Technician is of equal importance to the running of a clinic or hospital as any other member of staff including doctors. However, as a member of the medical team, the responsibilities and expectations are equally high. The duties expected of all members of the technician team are as followed…
· Greeting clients warmly and professional in exam rooms
· Taking vials and asking about patient status in exam rooms
· Relaying clients concerns and question to doctor along with all information regarding patient health
· Assisting doctors/ client in exam room during physical exam, administration of vaccines, and/ or prescribing/ administering medication to appropriate patient
· Bring patients into back treatment area for drop off, and/ or hospitalization
· Prepare patient for surgery: take vitals, place IV catheters, knowing rate of fluids patient should be on.
· Monitoring patient’s vitals during procedures requiring sedation/ anesthesia
· Ensuring patient recover from anesthesia post procedure
· Restrain patient for place of catheters, x-rays, sedations, etc.
· Maintain composure and discipline when in an emergency situation
· Maintain a clean work environment for the portrayal of a profession and functioning hospital
· Following the instruction of the doctors
· Knowledge of proper procedure
· Willingness to continue learning
. Certification as a veterinary assistant or veterinary technician highly recommended, but not required at the moment. (Subject to change based on New Jersey state law regarding who may work under said job description) (Required in most other states).
Ridgefield Park Animal Hospital
199 Main StreetRidgefield Park, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.