Outpatient Internal Medicine Physician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital (RRH) is looking for a qualified Primary Care Internal Medicine Physician to join our team of physicians in providing excellent outpatient care to adults in our Internal Medicine Rural Health Clinic (RHC). The Primary Care Physician must be board-certified or in process in Internal Medicine. Coverage will include working in the RHC 4.5 days per week with no night call.
You will be responsible for managing the outpatient treatment process for patients in the RHC, creating and recommending treatment plans, recording medical histories and physical findings, working with consultants, and updating information in existing patient records with the most recent findings.
This position is located in Ridgecrest, CA. We offer relocation assistance for qualified applicants.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Active California Medical License (can transfer license if out of state)
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Experience in outpatient Primary Care Internal Medicine
- Experience in a Rural Health Clinic is desirable, but not required.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Provide excellent patient care.
- Create and recommend treatment plans.
- Take comprehensive patient medical histories and perform appropriate physical exams
- Update patient information and patient medical records with the latest findings and treatments in the hospital’s Allscripts Paragon electronic medical record
- Order tests for healthcare staff to administer.
- Review and interpret test results.
- Respond to questions and concerns from patients and their families about their healthcare and well-being
- Discuss proper nutrition, hygiene and self-care with patients to promote good health
For additional information, please apply or contact:
Susan Reynolds, MD, CMO
RRH’s health system currently consists of active medical staff members and advance practice professionals, offering multi-specialty healthcare and state-of-the-art facilities, including Hospital Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Orthopedics, Urology - in association with the University of Southern California (USC), Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Pain Management, and Dermatology.
Ridgecrest Regional HospitalWhy Work Here?
Flexible work hours, no night call, very low cost of living, enthusiastic and engaged medical staff
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital is a non-profit, full service, Critical Access Hospital with 25 inpatient beds, 100-bed skilled nursing facility, and two Rural Health Clinics. Located in Ridgecrest, California, home of the China Lake Naval Air Weapons Station, it is a two-hour drive from Los Angeles County. It is the only regional healthcare system in the area and provides a variety of services to people throughout Kern County and surrounding communities. The Emergency Department is a designated Level IV trauma center and is staffed with Emergency Medicine Board Certified physicians. RRH owns Liberty Ambulance which has multiple EMS rigs in the area and a helicopter and helipad for rapid transport of patients to higher-level-of-care facilities. RRH’s health system currently consists of active medical staff members and advance practice professionals, offering multi-specialty healthcare and state-of-the-art facilities, including Hospital Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Orthopedics, Urology - in association with the University of Southern California (USC), Oncology, Interventional Radiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Pain Management, and Dermatology.
1081 N. China Lake Blvd.Washington, DC
Websitehttps://www.rrh.org/doctors View all jobs at Ridgecrest Regional Hospital
Get fresh Internal Medicine Outpatient jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.