Health Information Coordinator-Labs
Riderflex Middletown, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
Executive Recruiting and Consulting Firm, Riderflex has been retained by PursueCare to find their next Health Information Coordinator—Labs!
Title: Health Information Coordinator-Labs
Location: Middletown, CT (Remote)
Reports to: Chief Growth Officer
Direct reports: No direct reports
Type: Full-Time, W2, Hourly with competitive benefits package
Our client, PursueCare is an exciting and rapidly growing, integrated Telehealth addiction and behavioral health treatment startup. PursueCare is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, organized, and driven Health Information Coordinator–Labs to work with patients, providers, and support staff in our telehealth addiction treatment program. The ideal candidate will have experience with EHRs, toxicology screens/labs, and customer service roles, preferably in the substance use treatment field. This position is in the Middletown, Connecticut office.
The Health Information Coordinator’s primary responsibility is maintaining an effective and efficient process for meeting lab requirements for PursueCare patients. This includes adding orders into the EHR, assisting providers in completing order forms, tracking collections, processing at-home kit orders, and working with lab partners on reporting and performance improvement. While we do not provide in-person services, this role includes direct contact with the patient via videoconference, phone, and email. The Health Information Coordinator - Labs will also audit lab processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Track lab collections across multiple lab partners.
- Manage shipment of at-home kits.
- Complete lab requisitions and notify laboratory for draws as required.
- Identify and assist in the resolution of lab issues. This includes integration errors between lab and EHR, missing insurance/payer information, and specimen discrepancies.
- Train staff (and providers) on best practices around collections and testing frequency.
- Monitor lab interface to ensure providers are correctly using lab software.
- Work with the clinical team to add/revise the EHR lab documentation.
- Upload labs (as needed) into the EHR/file laboratory documentation to current chart.
- Update health record information as necessary.
- Monitor and report on key lab metrics, including patient success at key stages of treatment.
- Maintain quality assurance standards by performing regular audits and creating remediation plans as warranted.
- As needed, monitor collections via videoconference and document in the EHR.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Potentially serves as a member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Daily communication to operations team outlining new issues/concerns and detailing progress/recommendations on existing projects and process improvement initiatives.
10-25% depending on the needs of the PursueCare
- Prior experience in a clinical setting with a strong attention to detail and exceptional time management skills.
- Associate’s Degree in healthcare management or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience in the substance use disorder treatment field preferred
- Excellent computer skills and a demonstrated comfort with technology.
- Intermediate excel skills, including creation of pivot tables.
- Excellent and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Drive to take ownership in order to meet professional obligations
- Ability to juggle and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Desire to contribute wherever support is necessary
- Desire to learn and grow with our company - to put in the time, focus and effort necessary to advance to the next level of their career
- Work style, pace and drive to make things happen, with a bias for initiating and driving positive results
- Belief that healthcare reform begins with innovation aimed at making people's lives better
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work is performed primarily in a traditional office setting, where the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and demonstrate manual dexterity.
- Work includes extended periods of time at a desk and computer screen.
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PursueCare offers an extremely competitive compensation package, comprehensive benefits package and work-from-home/remote opportunities for certain positions. PursueCare offers full-time employees unlimited paid time off to allow our team members to properly recharge, competitive salaries, bonus opportunities, equity opportunities, and affordable health coverage with company contributions. PursueCare is headquartered in Middletown, CT which is coincidentally right smack in the middle of Connecticut. They pledge to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PursueCare is a startup, technology-enabled healthcare management services organization that is addressing the opioid epidemic with an intelligent, convenient, and stigma-free telehealth treatment platform that creates a better experience and outcomes for healthcare providers and patients alike. As traditional opioid addiction treatment models have failed to provide enough access and lasting outcomes for patients, states continue to push for innovative solutions to serve the overwhelming need, particularly across rural and underserved areas. Our vision to improve access to opioid addiction care and promote better patient engagement/outcomes by providing convenient, private and stigma-free telemedicine services through a virtual network of on-demand prescribing physicians, addiction counselors, and clinics, as well as other recovery resources and dedicated addiction pharmacy services, right through a browser or smart phone app.
PursueCare’s platform offers telehealth video conferencing, marketing, care coordination, billing, HER, reporting, partnerships with referral sources for patients in need of recovery intervention, and ancillary services to addiction treatment practioners and clinics. We offer greater access and engagement with private, stigma-free, medication-assisted treatment (“MAT”) programs and evidence-based protocols, increasing the likelihood practioners will be able to treat more patients, more consistently, with better outcomes.
Steve Urban, CEO of Riderflex’s interview with Nick Mercadante, CEO and Co-Founder of PursueCare https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZe1D0uKm8A&feature=youtu.be
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency, recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies: recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips
Powered by JazzHR