Director of Pharmacy Operations
Riderflex Huntington, WV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Recruiting and Consulting Firm, Riderflex has been retained by CompreCareRx to find their next Director of Pharmacy Operations!
Title: Director of Pharmacy Operations
Location: Huntington, West Virginia
Reports to: Vice President of Pharmacy Operations
Direct reports: a team of 7-10 individual reports
Type: Full-Time, W2, Salaried
Our client, CompreCareRx is a growing, progressive, and innovative healthcare leader providing comprehensive resources with patient-centered addiction medicine. CompreCareRx provides addiction recovery medications to numerous clients and referral sources in 23 states including West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky.
The Director of Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the overall operation, management and strategic direction of the CompreCare Pharmacy in Huntington, West Virginia. Reporting to the Vice President of Pharmacy Operations and works closely with other members of the leadership team at CompreCare.
- Pharmacy Operations (25%)
- Serves as the Pharmacist-in-Charge for the CompreCare Pharmacy as needed and fulfills all responsibilities and requirements thereof.
- Oversees and adjusts all workflow, space and systems processes as needed to meet operational requirements.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on established performance metrics on a regular basis.
- Works closely with Vice President of Pharmacy Operations to ensure that all information systems are operational, and accurate this includes implementation of and transition to new systems and integration with existing systems.
- Participates in staff meetings, planning meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Clinical Pharmacy (25%)
- Provides regular consultation for clients and staff regarding medication and assures that all other dispensing pharmacists provide regular consultation for clients.
- Provide oversight of Medication Therapy Management Program.
- Staff Development and Management (20%)
- Oversees the work of the onsite pharmacy team of pharmacy manager, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and clerks including recruiting, hiring, disciplinary action, scheduling, team building, performance evaluation, etc.
- Assures that all pharmacy staff are appropriately trained to perform necessary functions.
- Quality Management and Compliance (15%)
- Ensures compliance with all licensure and governing body requirements including, but not limited to: Board of Pharmacy, Office of Pharmacy Affairs (incl. 340B Drug Pricing Program), WV Health and Safety Code, WV Business and Professions Code.
- Ensures compliance with all contractual requirements of payers including but not limited to Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, and all federal, state, and local government contracts.
- Ensures compliance with wholesale purchasing agreement(s) and maintains close contact with vendor(s) for ordering, inventory, and billing purposes.
- Ensures that all licensed pharmacy staff meet all licensure requirements including continuing education and re-certification.
- Works with the Vice President of Pharmacy Operations to develop and implement regular monitoring of quality indicators including but not limited to medication errors and client satisfaction.
- Fiscal Management (15%)
- Works closely with the Vice President of Pharmacy Operations and other senior staff and outside consultants to develop and manage comprehensive business plan for the pharmacy including analysis of potential business opportunities, anticipated margins, forecasts of future sales and performance metrics;
- Responsible for managing the operational budget of the pharmacy in conjunction with other staff and managers
- Assures that all charges are accurately recorded and monitored
- Direct oversight over 7-10 direct reports
10-25% depending on the needs of the CompreCare
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A minimum of five years of previous retail pharmacy experience; preferably with managerial experience
- Background and knowledge of pharmaceutics and their drugs and interactions.
- Familiarity with the 340b drug pricing program preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail, managerial and interpersonal skills
- Experience with pharmacy management systems required; familiarity and working ability with practice management systems, database operations, spreadsheets, and other software systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
Training, Education, and Licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, RPh or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy
- Current licensure to practice pharmacy in West Virginia
- Compliance with CEU requirements
- The Vice President of Operations may be asked to serve as the Manager of Record for the local pharmacy location.
- Obtaining Pharmacist Licenses in other states as needed for business growth
- Direct supervision of all Pharmacists, Assistant Director of Pharmacy, and shared responsibility for a team of technicians
- Schedule on-call responsibilities in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all Board of Pharmacy regulations and with Compliance Policies adopted by the company.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulation
- Ensure the pharmacy meets or exceeds accreditation standards, and implement “best practices” in all pharmacy activities
- Maintain training, CEs, and proficiency for compounding and FDA approval
- Ensure all prescriptions are verified, filled, dispensed, and delivered accurately, timely and within budget
- Responsible for scheduling and maintaining appropriate Pharmacist and technician levels to ensure the operation runs smoothly within budget including management of time off requests
- Develop supervisory staff; provide input and direction as needed
- Input on identifying and evaluating technology which has the potential to improve efficiency in operations
- Oversee workflow processes, perform regular need-gap assessments, and implement work-flow process improvements in partnership with the leadership team
- Contribute to production by working as a Pharmacist PRN
- Identify and resolve any customer relation issues
- Develop an internal implementation plan and timeline when adding new business
- Responsible to create and nurture a culture of employee engagement and empowerment
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by owner leadership
CompreCareRx offers an extremely competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package.
CompreCareRx is the leading resource in patient-centered addiction medicine. They recognize that one size does not fit all, which is why they provide medications that facilitate maximum patient care. Their pharmacy features all the major brands. Their pharmacy team are trusted advisors working to synchronize services with the efforts of their patients’ providers to ensure premium care throughout the course of treatment.
Steve Urban, CEO of Riderflex’s interview with Nick Mercadante, CEO of PursueCare (a partnership with CompreCareRX)
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips
Powered by JazzHR