Consultant - Traffic Engineer Planner
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a Traffic Engineer Planner to join Ricondo’s team of talented aviation consultants in our Alexandria, Virginia office. Ricondo team members are passionate about working alongside airport management to solve the complex issues facing the aviation industry today. Our firm provides strategic planning services to airports across the United States and around the world, including operational and physical planning, master planning, environmental reviews, and business advisory services. As a Traffic Engineer Planner, you will work both independently and in collaboration with our diverse team of airport landside professionals. You will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and expertise by participating in diverse aviation projects. No two airports are the same and no two projects are alike, so if you are a problem solver and lifelong learner, join our team and grow with us!
The ideal candidate possesses relevant technical expertise, acquired through a combination of education, training and work experiences in engineering, transportation planning, traffic engineering, roadway design, or related areas. The Traffic Engineer Planner is responsible for performing entry-level professional planning and support for technical studies and analyses related to airport landside facilities planning with an emphasis on access and circulation roadways, curbside roadways, ground transportation, parking facilities, general landside planning and quantitate analysis.
- Analysis of airport roadways, curbside, parking facilities, and other airport landside components.
- Performing traffic operations and capacity analysis using both static and dynamic (simulation) methodologies, for existing and future airport conditions.
- Developing roadway planning-level design plans, specifications, and parking layout plans.
- Collects data and performs research in support of airport planning studies.
- Consults with fellow employees and senior staff concerning the compilation, interpretation, and presentation of research data for airport planning studies.
- Prepares draft sections of reports and deliverables based on verbal and written input from others as well individual efforts.
- Assists in developing, formatting, publishing, and distributing tables, charts, manuals, and maps that deal with existing and proposed airport planning studies.
- Provides advice, technical assistance, and written recommendations on airport planning studies.
- Develops and maintains electronic data sets, files, runs, and troubleshoots existing programs.
- Responds to requests for data and information from internal staff and external clients, organizations, various agencies, and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering Planning.
- Experience or working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Possesses a familiarity with the aviation industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills.
- Willingness to travel to support Ricondo & Associates, Inc.’s, global project portfolio.
- Technical experience with one or more traffic issues facing airports, such as roadways, curbsides, parking, rail, commercial ground facilities.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and related tools including statistical, spreadsheet, database, simulation, and spatial/graphical analysis applications (AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, InfraWorks 360, Vissim, Vistro, and Synchro).
- Elevated level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Additional Preferred Technical Skills
- Preferably 1-3 years of experience in airport planning.
- Master’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering Planning.
- Basic knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in strategic planning, infrastructure and facilities planning, and operational research for airports
- Fundamental knowledge of transportation planning, traffic operations and traffic flow theory.
- Ability to research, develop, organize, and analyze information, and formulate effective recommendations.
- Ability to express ideas and information, clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with supervisors, fellow employees, and officials of other agencies.
- Self-motivated: initiative to identify creative and technically sound solutions.
- Detail-oriented: in analytic and technical writing assignments, the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences and to edit for consistency and grammar.
- Proactive and effective communicator: excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate with teams and clients.
- Highly organized: plan and prioritize work assignments and demonstrate ability to manage concurrent assignments with different teams.
Competitive Benefits Package
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match depending on company performance
- 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Generous paid time-off program for sick leave and vacation time
- Company-paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Professional certification, licensure, and association membership funding
- Professional conferences and seminars
- On-demand access to training (Cornerstone eLearning)
- Internal workshops and webinars
- Short- and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Life insurance (survivor benefits)
- Team member referral bonus program
- spend accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Transit commuter benefit (based upon location)
Ricondo has served the aviation industry for over 30 years. Our team of 150 consultants represent the brightest and most well-respected professionals in aviation today, working together to meet our clients’ needs with ideas, expertise, and transformative solutions. We have a team of twelve dedicated landside professionals, most located in our Alexandria office, located within the heart of Old Town. Advance your career with our talented team and help shape the built airport environment.
We strive to be a responsible business, one that adheres to high legal, moral, and ethical professional standards. Our pride is our people, as evidenced by our extremely competitive benefits. We are committed to equality and diversity, cross-disciplinary training, and staff development. We emphasize quality and accountability in a respectful, collaborative, and congenial environment.
Ricondo is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Ricondo & Associates, Inc.
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?