Aviation Planner- Seattle
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
We are seeking an Aviation Planner to join Ricondo’s team of talented aviation consultants in our Bellevue/Seattle office. Ricondo team members are passionate about working alongside airport management to solve the complex issues facing the aviation industry today. Our firm provides strategic planning services to airports across the United States and around the world, including operational and physical planning, master planning, environmental reviews, and business advisory services. As an Aviation Planner, you will work both independently and in collaboration with our diverse team of aviation professionals from across the country to address challenges associated with airport infrastructure project development and implementation. You will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and expertise by participating in diverse aviation projects. No two airports are the same, and no two projects are alike, so if you are a problem-solver and lifelong learner, join our team and grow with us!
An Aviation Planner candidate will be responsible for performing entry-level professional planning research, development, and implementation of aviation projects and studies. The ideal candidate will have a familiarity with the aviation industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry.
Core Responsibilities Requirements
- Conduct field surveys and investigations and collect data supporting airport planning studies.
- Consult with fellow employees and senior staff concerning compiling, interpreting, and presenting research data for airport planning studies.
- Prepares draft sections of reports and deliverables based on verbal and written input from others as well as individual efforts.
- Assists in developing, formatting, publishing, and distributing tables, charts, manuals, and maps that deal with existing and proposed airport planning studies.
- Provides technical assistance and written recommendations on airport planning studies.
- Develops and maintains electronic data sets, files, etc., and troubleshoots existing analysis tools and programs.
- Responds to requests for data and information from internal staff and external clients, organizations, various agencies, and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that provides a solid foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Aviation Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Economics
- 0-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in airport planning or related field
- Possesses familiarity with the aviation industry or a desire to learn and grow in the aviation industry
- Familiarity with FAA Advisory Circulars, Engineering Briefs, and other industry planning/design guidance documents
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Additional Preferred Technical Skills
- Master’s degree in a field that provides a strong foundation for aviation consulting, such as Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Aviation Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics
- Working knowledge of best practices, methods, and principles utilized in strategic planning, infrastructure and facilities planning, and operational research for airports
- Ability to apply principles of management, business, marketing, and administration in supporting large and complex airport planning projects
- Knowledge and experience with analytical techniques and related tools, including statistical, spreadsheet, database, simulation, spatial/graphical analysis applications (AutoCAD, REVIT, GIS, 3DS Max, etc.), or modeling tools such as VISSIM, SketchUp, and/or AviPlan.
- Self-motivated: initiative to identify creative and technically sound solutions and ability to work well with staff both in-person and remotely in other locations.
- Detail-oriented: In analytic and technical writing assignments, the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences and to edit for consistency and grammar.
- Proactive and effective communicator: excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate with teams and clients.
- Highly organized: Plan and prioritize work assignments and demonstrate ability to manage concurrent projects with different teams.
Competitive Benefits Package
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match depending on company performance
- 100% Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Generous paid time-off program for sick leave and vacation time
- Company-paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Professional certification, licensure, and association membership funding
- Professional conferences and seminars
- On-demand access to training (Cornerstone eLearning)
- Internal workshops and webinars
- Short- and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Life insurance (survivor benefits)
- Team member referral bonus program
- Flexible spend accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Transit commuter benefit (based upon location)
Ricondo has served the aviation industry for over 30 years. Our team of 150 consultants represents the brightest and most well-respected professionals in aviation today, working together to meet our client’s needs with ideas, expertise, and transformative solutions. Advance your career with our talented team and help shape the built airport environment.
We strive to be a responsible business that adheres to high legal, moral, and ethical professional standards. Our pride is our people, as evidenced by our highly competitive benefits. We are committed to equality, diversity, cross-disciplinary training, and staff development. We emphasize quality and accountability in a respectful, collaborative, and congenial environment.
Ricondo is an equal opportunity employer.
See more at:
Powered by JazzHR
Ricondo & Associates, Inc.Bellevue, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.