Position will be working onsite at Ricon Corporation.
Positions will be responsible for new product development from conception through to production, product design, test, specification preparation and research investigation.
Create and design new mechanical products from conception through design and into manufacturing using 3D modeling software. Recommend design modifications for existing products. Prepare and approve engineering change notices.
- Provide customer user documentation.
- Oversee and conduct analysis and testing to insure that new products meet all appropriate mechanical and reliability requirements.
- Execute, control and maintain projects costs, manufacturable, quality and design requirements during product development cycle, project time and expenses.
- Create bills of materials and drawings for prototypes.
- Estimate manufacturing costs for new designs and maintain product profitability through selection of most advantageous processes and materials.
- Build and test prototype in manufacturing and release into production.
- Ensure quality specifications are met.
- Use analytical studies of vibration test, forces, heat transfer and tolerances to assure product function and reliability (FMEA).
- Test new products to ensure they operate with high levels of reliability.
- Design test plans, conduct tests, analyze test data and prepare test reports and specifications as required.
- Specify, acquire, and set up instrumentation including data acquisition systems as required for various tests.
- Meet project target dates and provide required documentation within budgeted costs.
- Work with vendors to obtain component parts for prototypes of new designs.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing, quality and marketing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-4 years of experience, plus must have an internship or co-op in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven track record of new product designs that have been manufactured in a reliable and cost effective manner
- Experience with FEA and FMEA
- Experience with RAMS/reliability engineering a plus
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing process as they relate to engineering design
- Must have experience with Engineering Software - Solid Works.
- Must have background and experience with pneumatic control valves or compressor equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Travel may be required to Illinois (Buffalo Grove, IL)