Ricoh USA, Inc., has an excellent opportunity for a Contract Management Specialist to join our world-class legal team at our Corporate Headquarters in Exton, PA. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, team environment and have a vested interest in providing strategic legal support. Successful candidates will be results-focused, possess an energetic approach, and take pride in their integrity.
As a member of the Ricoh Legal Department's Corporate and Transactional Team, reporting to the Contract Manager, the Contract Management Specialist will manage a portfolio of the various corporate and transactional matters overseen by the Ricoh Legal Department. The Contract Management Specialist will review, draft, and negotiate commercial transactions and solve other legal problems, consistently with Ricoh's business and legal goals. He or she will work with colleagues and under the supervision of Ricoh's Senior Counsel and Assistant General Counsel, as appropriate.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Efficiently and promptly receive, review, manage and distribute a portfolio of legal requests.
* Assist the Ricoh Legal Department in establishing and actively (through training or other direct communications) promoting the company's policies and programs, particularly those related to corporate and transactional matters, in an effort to minimize the company's legal exposure.
* Assist in assessing Ricoh's exposure in various legal matters and recommending solutions to certain matters confidently and efficiently with independent research and factfinding when needed.
* Independently review, draft and negotiate standard and non-standard commercial transactions, including sale, lease, service transactions, confidentiality agreements, data processing / protection agreements, and business associate agreements for all company business units.
* Interact courteously and effectively with a diverse group of professionals including Ricoh's sales representatives, Ricoh's customers, outside counsel, etc. in a fast-paced environment.
* Ensure contract review, approval, and execution in accordance with corporate and/or business unit guidelines and company policies.
* Analyze and draft legal provisions using a working knowledge of contracting concepts and terms, including indemnity, limitation of liability, warranties and disclaimers, guarantees, etc.
* Identify and provide direction on business terms that affect the assumption and/or mitigation of contractual, performance or other risks.
* Identify opportunities for process improvements and to help ensure compliance with company policies and external legal requirements.
* Perform other corporate-based projects supporting the Ricoh Legal Department, company initiatives, and/or duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
* Requires 4-year college degree or equivalent experience.
* J.D. or paralegal certificate preferred.
* Requires at least two years of legal/contract management professional experience with an expertise in commercial transactions practices and of negotiation strategies and techniques.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.