CDL Class B Delivery Driver/Warehouse Employee, Building Material Distributor - Middletown, NY
We are currently searching for a CDL driver for our Middletown, NY Location. Can have either CDL Class A or CDL Class B License. Position will include physically unloading material, including shingles, and WAREHOUSE responsibilities.
*1 year CDL driving experience required. Boom Truck desired*
As we continue to grow and seek new ways to better serve our customers, we are constantly looking for individuals who will embrace our values and carry on the legacy of Richards. Currently we are searching for a CDL Delivery driver/warehouse team member that will operate a Boom Truck, in addition to the other trucks in our fleet, for our South Bend location.
Our Delivery Drivers are responsible for safely delivering products to the job site and physically unloading material per the customer's request as well as receiving materials in the warehouse, loading trucks, and processing inventory.
Physical Requirements for Delivery Driver Position:
- Must be able to continually lift 50-100 lbs. of material throughout the day. Some lifting over 100 lbs. will be required.
- Loading trucks with material scheduled for the day’s deliveries within compliance of securing and distributing weight limits according to DOT regulations.
- Unloading trucks and receiving merchandise at warehouse.
- Move materials and items from receiving to its designated area.
Other Requirements for CDL Delivery Applicants:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid CDL Class A or B with a minimum of 1 year CDL driving experience.
- Forklift certification or like equipment experience demonstrating proficiency.
Other Essential Job Duties for CDL Delivery Drivers:
- Deliveries will include unloading shingles onto one and two story homes using the Boom Truck and received on the roof by the contractor
- Safely deliver customer materials to the job site per assigned delivery schedule and job site directives with a focus on avoiding damage to job site property.
- Maintain records of deliveries, truck mileage, fuel receipts, and proof of delivery via camera phone.
- Complete forklift and truck inspection for safety and proper documentation record keeping of policies and procedures.
- Participate in the weekly cycle counts and annual physical inventory of the Branch.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderly cleanliness at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.