Assistant Branch Manager - Danbury, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Plan, organize, and direct the loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Design routes for maximum efficiency ensuring that all customers are served according to their needs.
- Lead by example while directing the business needs as back up to the Branch Manager in his or her absence.
- Provide assistance to the Branch Manager with regard to planning and managing capital investments.
- Answers customer inquiries concerning price, qualifying product needs and partnering with vendors for support.
- Assists with counter duties by operating cash register, enter sales data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Manage inventory purchases, receiving and cycle counts.
- May assist with AP and AR for branch.
- Provides back up to warehouse when the business has a need.
- Participate in proactive team efforts in assigned company branch and affiliate branches to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Facilitate quality assurance system through “We need Your Ideas!”
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports,business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,circumferences, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphical, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to work with the fingers.
- Ability to travel overnight up to 10%.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Forklift certification or like equipment experience demonstrating proficiency.
Richards Building SupplyWhy Work Here?
Family Owned, Family Focused & Great Opportunity for Advancement.
Richards Building Supply Co. is a family owned, operated, and focused company that has spent the last 40 years building a thriving and profitable organization, as well as invaluable business relationships. As a result of growth and strategic acquisitions, we now have a presence in 12 states with 61 locations! Richards stocks a comprehensive line of products such as residential and commercial roofing, siding, windows, decking, soffit, doors, molding, rainware, cabinets, and more!
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Richards Building Supply