TORO TORO, has all FOH positions available to fill. Bartenders, servers, hosts, runners and barbacks. Come be part of our team!
Position Title: Server
Reports to: GM and FOH Managers
Sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner. Enhance the customer experience according to RSR hospitality Standards
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Serve 4 –6 tables, as determined by management.
- Complete knowledge of RSH Restaurant’s food and beverage preparation.
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Able to use a computer
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guests behavior, count number of drinks served, and if you feel they should not drive, offer a taxi. Don’t hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- Ensure guest’s complete satisfaction and strive to exceed guest’s expectations.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Other duties as directed.
Essential physical requirements
- Able to work standing up and walking during entire shift.
- Able to continuously reach, carry, lift, bend, stoop and wipe
- Pulling and pushing up to 50 pounds
- Common hazards include but are not limited to burns, falls, slipping, tripping and cuts.
- Personal hygiene is a most plus frequent washing of hands is required
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items
- Basic mathematical skills with the ability to make change
- Must be able to read and write
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi-tasking and able to move in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- When applicable, must have licences, certifications or registrations according to State requirements
- State health and alcohol compliance cards (if applicable)
- 2 years of experience as a server