- Install steel bars that will be filled with concrete to stabilize the structure.
- Use wire to tie the steel bars together, following the building’s blueprints.
- Using long, hooked poles, they move the bars or mesh into place in the wet cement so that the concrete is evenly supported.
- Cut, bend or weld steel and other materials so they fit the project.
- Cables are placed in wet cement with the ends exposed, and ironworkers tighten them with special tools before the concrete completely sets.
- Mount stairs, handrails and other metal fixtures after the building is completed.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Taken high school classes in welding, math and mechanical drawing have a solid foundation for ironwork training.
- Knowledge of basic math; blueprint reading; and the basics of structural erecting, reinforcing and welding.
Rice Companies, Inc.
Why Work Here?Headquartered in Sauk Rapids, MN with offices in Glencoe, MN, Mankato, MN, and Fargo, ND, Rice Companies is a leading family-owned, Design/ Build Integrated Construction Services firm that has been serving the upper Midwest for over 60 years. Uniquely positioned to offer a wide range of services for our Clients, Rice Companies offers in-house architectural design, construction project management, experienced field crews in carpentry and steel erection, real estate brokerage, self-development and facility maintenance services. As a result of our wide range of services, Rice Companies is experiencing continued growth in many market areas and locations. Our clients rely on Rice Companies to provide superior service, unequaled quality and a competitive price, and since 1953 we have strived to fulfill that promise. Supporting this growth requires a talented team with a high entrepreneurial spirit, customer focused goals and a desire to never stop improving for our clients. We are always searching for new talent that will allow Rice Companies to grow in a way that preserves our core values of the company, fit and enhance our culture, and provide industry leading services for our clients over and over again. OUR IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE: • Humble • Hungry • Smart
Family oriented company with competitive pay, excellent benefits and great team environment.