Senior Production Planner
Ricca Chemical Company Arlington, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
The position will be expected to operate in line with Ricca Chemical Company’s workplace values which include:
Right High Standards – Always Produce the Best, Never Settle for Average
Trust – Confidence in Our Commitments
Raise the Bar - Do More than Expected
Ready Bias for Action/Initiative – Take Action, Do it
Accountability – Responsible for your Actions, Dependable, Own It
Innovative – Creative, Look for a Better Way
Ricca Teamwork – Everyone Doing their Part to Help each other to be Great!
Customer Obsession – Going the extra step for Internal & External Customers, Delight the Customer
Grow and Learn – Develop Your Skills, Desire to do More
- Effectively manage inventory levels to support service objectives as defined by management, providing regular feedback into operations performance, safety, quality, and environmental/regulatory concerns. Responsible for activities to facilitate business needs while maintaining quality and service standards.
- Exhibit customer obsession by maximizing customer service levels by making the right amount of each finished good, at the right time, at the most advantageous location, and at the lowest cost.
- Excel in communication and teamwork while working closely with Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing and Customer Service to meet the service commitments to the customer. Support the company in ensuring Ricca Chemical is the trusted brand by meeting commitments and expectations on service.
- Responsible for meeting overall customer demand at the defined plant/company service level expectations, while minimizing inventory levels and maximizing plant productivity/efficiencies.
- Develop an overall Corporate Master Production Schedule (MPS), as well as an MPS for each manufacturing plant, and include capacity planning, workforce planning, and inventory planning. Utilize forecasting software to make decisions on distribution and inventory locations.
- Use customer demand and forecasting techniques to prepare and maintain the MPS.
- Utilize ABC analysis methodology to update and maintain appropriate production planning and inventory management parameters (min/max’s) within ERP.
- Develop/maintain the scheduling methodology and inventory logic establish planning/scheduling priorities.
- Continuously evaluate customer demand and make recommendations for adjustments to supply and capacity constraints.
- When required, work directly with customers who provide forecasts and service level requirements. Establish and maintain processes to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for determining inventory stocking levels, including safety stock, for all FG manufactured inventory based upon customer service expectations and financial performance parameters.
- Manage surplus, obsolete, and short-dated inventories, to minimize negative financial impacts on the plant/company.
Education: B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Supply Chain, Math, Science, or a closely allied field. If not degreed, at least 6 years of demonstrated accomplishments and experience in a planning function will be considered. APICS CPIM and/or CSCP certification is desirable. If not APICS certified, must be willing to become certified within 2 years.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years working within a purchasing/production planning department of a manufacturing company. Must have experience with Lean Manufacturing, JIT, KANBAN, and ISO quality systems. Must have sound command of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must have extensive knowledge of manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, product definition, bills of material, inventory control, materials requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, shop floor control, warehousing, and advanced business functions. Must be proficient working within an ERP system.
Physical Requirements: This position requires a person to be able to read, write, and conduct business in English. This person will also have sufficient eyesight to read business documents, both on paper and on a computer screen, and properly fill out appropriate System Records and Forms, along with sufficient hearing to understand and communicate on the telephone. Light lifting may be required at times.
Mental Requirements: Able to make sound, independent decisions and suggest appropriate actions for the business based on production requirements, supply chain principles, and customer service expectations. Therefore, a good balance of quantitative and
qualitative interpretation and reasoning is required. Must have sufficient mental capacity to handle stressful situations and customer requirements; to accommodate, initiate, and successfully implement changes in work tasks and operations procedures. Must exhibit high level of team work to work cooperatively with all members of other the RICCA CHEMICAL COMPANY team; and to handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
Working Conditions: Will generally be working in the office area of RICCA CHEMICAL COMPANY with heat and air-conditioning provided. At times there may be limited contact with hazardous chemicals. When working in these areas, all necessary safety precautions must be followed, and appropriate safety equipment worn.
Ricca Chemical Company
Headquartered in Pantego, TX, RICCA CHEMICAL COMPANY is the leading US manufacturer of analytical testing solutions. Built on the commitment to consistently deliver exceptional quality backed with superior service, we offer the largest product offering of ready-to-use analytical solutions and extensive custom manufacturing capabilities. Ricca Chemical Company has been a manufacturer of chemicals and chemical solutions since 1975. Ricca values respect, integrity, accountability, commitment, and putting our customers first.
448 West Fork DriveArlington, TX