MEDICAL BILLING AND A/R SPECIALIST
Rhythm Management Group; a national healthcare technology company is recruiting a Medical Billing and A/R Specialist. We are seeking candidates with Medical Billing and Medical Insurance Collection experience in the DC Metro area. This full-time position is based in our Rockville, MD office and will report direct to our Revenue Cycle Manager.
Primary Responsibilities of the Billing and AR Specialist:
- Mandatory experience required for reimbursement of billing and collections with CMS/Medicare-Medicaid, Managed Care Organizations, and Commercial Insurance.
- Responsible for collecting, outstanding account payments with insurance and patient accounts for aging Accounts Receivable.
- Analyze Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s) and Correspondence to identify zero pay, denials and underpayments that require follow up with corrective actions to rebill. In addition; manage and advise actions needed to stop zero pays from reoccurring.
- Research status of outstanding claims; identify errors, ensure timely and accurate processing of re-bills to the appropriate insurance companies through correction of past billing errors.
- Process and manage appeals directly to insurance companies.
- Initiate preauthorization submission and approvals prior to services being rendered.
- Complete multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work independently, be detail oriented and organized.
- Completes other tasks or responsibilities as assigned and on time.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- 2 or more years of experience in the full cycle of revenue management for a medical practice, hospital or clinic.
- 2 or more years of experience with Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care Organizations and Commercial insurance.
- 2 or more years of experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Basic computer proficiency with MS Office: Outlook, Word and Excel REQUIRED
- Experience with Kareo Practice Management SW and ShareFile a PLUS
- Ability to type 40 correct words per minute.