Director of Sales North America & Canada
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Objectives of the Position
The Director of Sales North America will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the company including global sales, global sales operations, business development, pricing, tender and nation-wide customer service and support for the regions of USA and Canada. This role will be pivotal in determining and executing the sales strategy for company products and establishing/coaching the sales and customer service/support organization to ensure robust implementation and customer satisfaction.
- Service accounts on a regular basis to propose new products or services and maximize revenue as well as maintaining routine communication with clients to assess overall satisfaction
- Oversee international sales in different markets and identify opportunities.
- Lead, motivate and develop a commercial team (IKAM) to execute sales strategies and deliver on agreed upon growth and profit margins.
- Supervise Pricing & Tender operation. Regional Tender Management will report into this role.
- Develop and execute a nation-wide sales strategy
- Plan and implement sales customer/distributor evaluation and retention goals and drive effective execution of those plans.
- Take full responsibility for monthly forecasting and weekly sales pipeline management.
- Own the customization and implementation of systems and processes (CRM, ERP etc) as needed to drive desired outcomes.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales, product line gross margins and sales and marketing overheads.
- Deliver on sales and profitability forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Work in partnership with Finance and CEO to set-up sales incentive plans that align with financial objectives and expectations.
- Recommend and support acquisitions and strategic partnerships opportunities
- Develop, implement and track team quotas and KPI’s with an emphasis on sales growth, customer enablement/education and marketing the brand.
- Support Rhenus Network and facilitating the implementation of corporate strategy.
- Manage revenue models, operations support and customer engagement strategy
- Oversees the process for credit management of customers
- Canada Sales is led by Head of Sales Canada, but reporting into this role
Education & Work Experience Requirements/Skills
- 10+ years of management experience required in operation, preferably in Freight Forwarding and Supply Chain Management.
- 10+ years of management experience required in a sales/customer service, preferably in Freight Forwarding and Supply Chain Management.
- Ocean and Air freight sales, Contract Logistics experience required.
- Must be extremely commercially driven with ability to generate own accounts
- Knowledgeable within the international logistics field (AIR/OCEAN / Contract Logistics) within the US market (regions/counties).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience highly preferred.
- Experience with writing professional sales proposals and standard operation procedures highly preferred.
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management.
- Ability to work under time pressures and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to train and instruct others on how to perform tasks.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Comfortable using metrics to manage staff and drive improvements.
- Must have experience in building up a commercial (KAM/Sales) structure and organization, leading the team(s)
- Proven record in arranging budget and monitoring performance
- Position is located in Miami; required travel 60%
Rhenus Logistics LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Rhenus Logistics LLC