A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people's lives-every day.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for updating and managing costs in ERP system ensuring product cost is correctly stated per budget standards.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting while establishing plant's conversion rates
- Identify and provide root-cause drivers while assessing the following manufacturing variances such as material usage, direct labor efficiency, scrap and Purchase Price Variance (PPV)
- Prepare cost journal entries as needed with appropriate back-up and within Rheem's company policy
- Responsible for all cost related analysis- Variance to Operation Plan (VOP), Month over Month (MoM), Year over Year (YoY), and Variance to Prior Year (VPY)
- Support and validate cost improvement initiatives
- Support and verify capital expenditure ROI analysis is complete and accurate- when needed
- Prepare detailed financial, cost, and accounting reports for management purposes
- Address Intra-divisional cost issues and cost studies as required
WHAT YOU NEED
- Four (4) year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field of Study.
- 3-7 years Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with costing in an ERP environment
- Excellent analytical and problem identification/solving skills
- MS Office Experience
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Experience in standard cost in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Activity based costing experience
- Capital project and sourcing evaluations
- Variance analysis
- Significant involvement in an ERP system implementation with particular emphasis on the cost module, preferably Oracle
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at TalentAcquisition@rheem.com