Rhee Bros., Inc. is one of the largest importers of Asian food in the United States. Our mission is to provide our customers best-in-class distribution services through innovative products, sourcing, and logistics solutions in Pan-Asian Food. Located in Hanover, MD, Rhee Bros currently serves independent Asian retailers, wholesale grocery and chain retailers, food service distributors, chain restaurants and manufacturers.
At Rhee Bros, our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. For two-generations, we’ve become more diverse with talented professionals from all walks of life and backgrounds and we aim to continue that tradition for years to come.
The physical heart of Rhee Brothers is our main distribution center in Hanover, MD. Our warehouse and transportation teams handle over 20,000 cases of dry, refrigerated and frozen products everyday. Food quality is paramount to our customers and we pride ourselves on the safety and cleanliness of our 230,000 square-foot warehouse. Rhee Bros is a third party food safety audited facility.
Job Title: Inventory Planner
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Utilize Blue Ridge Supply Chain Planning (SCP) to manage inventory replenishment in a distribution center.
- Develop inventory plan to support forecasted demand and sales promotion.
- Maintain proper inventory within budget or safety stock tolerance level.
- Identify and communicate current or potential product shortage/stockout and recovery strategy to minimize back-orders.
- Maintain and update master vendor and item file within Blue Ridge SCP & Navision ERP.
- Interact closely with Demand Planners to close the gap between forecasted and actual quantity.
- Develop inventory strategy for all SKUs assigned.
- Manage and monitor inbound PO’s and expedite or delay shipments as needed.
- Develop strong working relationships with all assigned vendors and leverage this relationship to ensure perfect order delivery.
- Manage vendor charge-backs, credits, penalties for over/short/damages (OS&D).
Educational and experience requirements include:
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related experience.
- 1-2 years of Supply Chain forecasting or planning experience.
- Should have knowledge of supply chain process.
- APICS certification a plus.
- Ability to speak, read, type Korean required.
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation skills to effectively interact with all teams and all areas and levels of business affecting forecast.
Employees who successfully complete an initial probationary period and/or eligibility waiting period are eligible for medical, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, critical illness insurance, paid time off, sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
Rhee Bros., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other class protected by federal, state, and local laws.