Join us today in our Arlington Forage Processing facility in producing food, feed and pet food from alfalfa and other forage products. Be ready to be challenged in this fast-paced and growth-oriented position with our company. The objective of the position is to operate front end loaders, skid steer loader and other heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to maximize productivity and in compliance with all company QA programs. Will provide extensive training to adapt to the new position as hay milling experience is not common!
- Operate pay loaders, tractors and other equipment to load and unload hay and feed the hay mill with product to optimize productivity of the mill
- Operate equipment to load/unload Trucks, Totes, Railcars and Ag Bags.
- Assist the mill operator with repairs and scheduled maintenance
- Vac’ing, sweeping and cleaning of storage containments.
- Follow Company Standards and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Complete all required documentation and paperwork timely
- Follow Preventative Maintenance plans such as daily and weekly greasing, filter cleaning and replacements, and observation on wear items
- Communication with other crew members and Supervisors on hay deliveries, hay conditions, operating issues etc.
- Report safety and maintenance issues immediately to Supervisor
- Ensure required safety equipment is in place and available including fire extinguisher, fall protection, PPE, confined space, etc.
Special Requirements -
- Heavy equipment operating skills required
- Good general mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (pre-hire physical required)
- HACCP or other QA training a plus