Clinical IT Specialist - Remote Opportunity!!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rezolut is a national emerging platform of diagnostic medical imaging services. With focus on four key platforms, our vision is to provide topnotch patient care partnered with innovative technology — to achieve better health outcomes.
We are seeking an Assistant PACS/RIS Administrator to assist in supporting our operations in the southwest .
Under the direction of the Director IT, the Picture Archiving and Communications System/Radiology Information Systems (PACS/RIS) assistant Administrator demonstrates complete understanding of radiology processes and their various modalities. PACS/RIS Administrator needs to have a complete understanding of the PACS system and how these processes interface/interact with the RIS system. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and training radiology staff on PACS/RIS systems. Must be able to make strong professional judgments, communicate effectively, and maintain a collaborative working relationship with physicians, vendors, and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Provides clinical software support:
· Assists in the administration of the PACS/RIS systems. Verifies that appropriate processes have occurred (e.g. scheduled operations, backups, archives, etc.)
· Assists in providing system administration for all aspects of the PACS/RIS systems. This includes but not limited to maintaining sign-on/passwords, and training new users
· Assist with the maintenance of all quality assurance reporting and reports any discrepancies to the Chief Compliance Officer
· Actively participates in the analysis and documentation of all imaging workflows as it pertains to the interaction between the computer information system and radiology technologists
· Documents issue and resolution/solution to IT Director and Radiology Director that relate to the information systems
· Critical thinking and decision-making skills, able to prioritize, and respond quickly to requests
· Develops, implements, and maintains PACS/RIS policy and procedures collaboratively with the IT Manager and Radiology Director. Ensures system efficiency and security compliance
· Provide support and assistance to end-users (e.g. radiology technologists, physicians, and analysts)
· Work with internal and external facilities to troubleshoot modality issues
· Assists in supporting radiologist’s issues with PACS, display protocol, or workstation
B. Provides clinical software assessment and implementation activities:
· Assists in project tasks for the department as related to PACS/RIS project planning (e.g. scheduling upgrades, required analysis, issue and risk management and delivery of assigned projects)
· Documents any end-user issue with current software and the steps taken to reproduce said issue
· Acts as a Subject Material Expert in assigned upgrades and implementations
· Assists in the updates for PACS/RIS policy and procedures that have changed during an upgrade or implementation collaboratively with the lT Director and Radiology Director
C. Provides vendor software contact:
· Assists in the coordination of PACS/RIS upgrades from vendor
· Provides user acceptance training and communication for upgrades
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of radiology operations and workflow
· Knowledge of PACS/RIS workflow
· Knowledge of technology integration with a PACS system and radiology modalities
· Demonstrate logical problem solving and issue resolution while considering end users’ needs
· Ability to analyze and troubleshoot PACS application specific issues and articulate outcomes
· Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers
· Two-year degree with PACS certification or a Bachelor degree in a related field is preferred
· Two to three years of experience in the areas of PACS and RIS support and implementation is required
· Experience with Konica Minolta EXA and/or eRAD preferred
TechnologyView all jobs at Rezolut