CDL Truck Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
Construction Driver work on construction project sites where they operate vehicles involved in the construction industry, such as forklifts, dump trucks, mixer trucks, fuel trucks and etc. Generally, the duties performed by Construction Driver are shown in the job description example below:
- Operate all construction vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Check vehicle to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good operating order.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles to the proper parties.
- Maintain logs of operating hours and delivery of product, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Maneuver construction vehicles into loading or unloading positions, following signals form loading crews as needed; check that the vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Operate construction vehicles in public roadway and maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
- Follow all safety precautions at all times.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company's safety program.
- Drive vehicle safely to transport and deliver product, following applicable state and federal regulations.
Perform other duties as as necessary.
Requirements and Skills
Below are the major skills, abilities, and knowledge that we expect candidates for the Construction Driver job to possess to be considered for an interview appointment:
- Certificates & Licenses: Must have a valid CDL Class A or B license.
- Minimum experience: 2 years.
- Knowledge: Must have a good working knowledge of construction site layouts and a basic knowledge of a job site traffic control safety guidelines.
- Education: may not be educated but must have the ability to understand written and verbal instructions is important. He/she must be willing and ready to learn new ways of handling construction tasks.
- Communication: must be able to understand written and verbal instructions and must be willing to adhere to plans and directives.
- Health & Safety: applicants will be required to obtain health and safety certifications to be hired.
Reytec Construction Resources, Inc.
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?